Mountain bikes > Hardtail bikes > Giant Yukon. momentum, and it really didn’t take much to get them up to speed. The climbing was also fun with the bike easily popping up, over and around roots and rocks. Giant Bicycles' official site provides Giant's latest bikes, accessories, news, promotion, event, pro cycling team and where to find bicycle dealers near you. I like how Giant is subtle with their graphics on the Y-1. Built strong & tough for off road MTB trials. have yukon sx great bike but giant no longer make such good pricede entry level d/s bike for australia have more up market mongoose teocali super which is better still but yiou pay for it. The biggest difference being the wheelbase and wheel size. It will come in two models the Yukon 1 and the Yukon 2. Giant. It’s a fun and versatile bike. Fully-Tests Downcountry-Bikes von 4000-8000 Euro im Test Neuer Trend? © 2020 ProductReview.com.au Pty. Also, do you have any idea why Giant added $100 to the list price? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform! That quickened the Y-1 up and made it more responsive on the tight and twisty single track of my home trail. Most days I’m 5’5″ with about a 28″-29″ inseam. 0 Replies 1 Participant Last post: snooky35 a moment ago. Our Rating. I got this bike for around 700$. I rode it for a few hours, and it rides so smoothly. © 2020 FAT-BIKE.COM. Touchpoints are all in house Giant components and a DROPPER POST! Neil (Same one as up there ^ ) says: November 5, 2010 at 10:11 am. With the long wheelbase, the Yukon felt a bit sluggish on my home trails. As for BB clearance, Clarence, it’s not something I measured because I never smashed the chainring into anything, and my local trails have a lot of janky log overs that the gnomes love to use for chaos. (I haven’t ridden an aluminum frame in a summittoppler: Thank you John, its good to share :)... Greg: This is a great add on! After an early morning meeting, I told the boss that I had an experiential therapy session that afternoon, and my therapist insisted I meet him at CamRock. It took a bit before I realized my pant leg was rubbing on the rear tire and the heal of my shoe would hit the seat stay. I hoped this would not be the case with the Yukon. This bike is best suited for those who are looking for an entry level bike to use on trails. It wasn’t long before Giant’s 2020 Yukon 1 (henceforth designated Giant Yukon Mountain Bike Review. These shocks do the job! More Deep Sparkly Purple than Wine Red. Quality of finish and of all components. Some days I feel only feel 3 apples high. The frame color is amazing! Specs. Giant Yukon 2 Fat Bike / Crash Landing / Cycling Past Sixty - Duration: 5 ... How I Choose My Mountain Bike - Giant Stance 2 29er Review - Duration: 7:15. Giant Yukon (Mountain Bike): 3.8 out of 5 stars from 4 genuine reviews on Australia's largest opinion site ProductReview.com.au. This is one quality bike, and is worth the money. WOW, that was easier than normal! I’m sorry about that Jody. A little too heavy for some mountain bikers. I like that the Yukon 1 has adjustable A couple of highlights to the Y-1 build, and a few of my own How tall are you and what size frame did you ride? I hope that helps. I’m considering purchasing this bike (or the Y-2), but I was wondering if a guy could run 26 (x 4.8) inch wheels on this puppy is so inclined? Although the frame is not the lightest of frames or the bike is certainly not the fastest compared to newer and more modern frames & MTB's. If you look at the comparison between bikes above, my ICT has a BB drop of 60mm below the axle line and the Yukon has a BB drop of 75mm. Sizes XS (14"), S (17"), M (19"), L (21"), XL (23") (Frame size guide) How to beat back ache on a bike. Here are our 14 favorites from the brand. Giants ALUXX SL-Grade Aluminum Frame with See the Best Mountain Bikes in 2020 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au. Long story short, the provided rim tape was difficult to work with and the tires are a bear to seat on these rims. Chatting with my mom a couple of days later, I told her that I haven’t felt that good and confident riding in over 10 years. After a bit of location confusion, I met up with Dr. Gomez for our afternoon session. You can go fast with this mountain bike! Giant FB 27.5 wheelset, alloy, 86mm inner, AV & PV ready: Hubs: Giant Performance Tracker [F] 15x150mm sealed bearing [R] 12x197mm sealed bearing: Spokes: stainless, 14g: Tires: Maxxis Colossus 27.5x4.5, foldable, TR: Weight: The most accurate way to determine any bike’s weight is to have your local dealer weigh it for you. Did you notice any difference in ride with a slightly narrower Q Factor? As the ride went on, I felt my confidence with the bike growing. I have used this Giant YUKON MTB both on bitumen road's & on some very rough & tough off road MTB trials in the Northern Territory. The dropper post is a game-changer for me! Wait a gosh darn second, this steerer tube is composite NOT alloy!!!! View more photos (34) Previous Next. All Rights Reserved. Wir hatten die Gelegenheit, das Giant Stance E+ 0 2019, das Giant Trance E+ SX 0 Pro 2019 und das Specialized Turbo Levo Expert FSR 2019 zu testen. Great review! Whether you're looking for a fat bike to keep your fitness through the winter months, or to take your riding to new and interesting places, we feel the Yukon 1 is one of the best and a good value to boot. Thanks! Thanks. Do you love your fat-bike? Once the wheels got rolling it was very easy to keep my Giant Bicycles has finally joined just about everyone else and is offering a fat-bike called the Yukon. The lightness and comfort of the machine have a lot to do with this, I'm sure.The gears are very smooth with nice handlebar-mounted controls and the ...Read more, I bought this bike today, and it's incredible. Backer rod and the split tube method or maybe fatty stripper would be the easiest way to go tubeless with these rims. Great bike! Around $500 For Talon (Revel 2019 Upgrade) Pros Lightweight frame, design, handlebars. Please help us keep great content coming to you by donating to the site. This was a random occurrence throughout my testing, could be a bigger issue with winter boots on. MSRP is $1630 for the Yukon 2 and $2100 for the Yukon 1. I rode this bike bone stock for 2 months, in 4 states, and it put a smile on my face every time. As a result, I had the pleasure to sample the trails at Sugar Bottom Recreational Area just outside of Iowa City, IA and Landahl Mountain Bike Park just outside Kansas City, MO. When riding both of them in the store, this ...Read more. Continue with Google. Read it's strength, weaknesses, find deals and pricing - mtbr.com I wanted to test out how fast this bike was, and I was very impressed. Giant could have squeaked into the shootout with their $700 XTC 2 hardtail, but decided that they would roll the dice against the other hardtails with a dual-suspension bike that they believe delivers the best overall riding experience for the buck. I did notice my pant leg rubbing on the tire a bit more than normal, but I can deal with that. or sign up with email About this Discussion. Also, being able to lower the seat when getting on and off the bike helps those of us with short legs. Have not done any trail riding yet but plan to when Minooka opens up. I ride a tall, backswept bar on my ICT, so the stack felt ok on the Yukon 1, but boy could I use some sweep on them Giant bars. I tested out a bike for cheaper to see the differences, for about 450. Alongside our Best in Test and best buyers tips, we also discovered what is probably the biggest revolution in the mountain bike segment for 2020! I didn’t think it was possible for an aluminum frame to have a soul, but this one does and for that….I have to give the Giant Yukon 1 Five out of Five Grape Apes with a Beegle Beegle kicker! Whether you’re a road racer, mountain bike lover, or Sunday spinner, Giant makes bike for you. Thanks Rob, appreciate it. I tested out a bike for cheaper to see the differences, for about 450. Great article Tony! One thing I did notice on my first few rides, I wasn’t hitting my feet on front-wheel like I used to do on my 29er, but I did keep catching my pant leg and heal on either the seat stay or chainstay. My other concern is that the Yukon was designed around the 27.5. I am impressed. I added ¼” backer rod to the inside of the rim and was able to get the tires to seat and then seal, but my tape job was bad, so it didn’t last. Auf dem Trail & Bike Festival in Mauerbach konnten wir uns von den Qualitäten dreier absoluter Traum-Fullys überzeugen. Cheers! If NX is this good, XX1 must be like budda! 1. I wanted to test out how fast this bike was, and I was very impressed. The larger wheel size can also be an issue on small frames. slides with the axel when moving it. For extra size reference, I reviewed the 2019 Surly Ice Cream Truck which was Surly’s NEW size small. Join the discussion. Ihr Nachwuchs braucht ein neues Bike? I bought a yukon2 as my entry into fat biking. Reply . Further details in the disclaimer. and rolling. It’s the first one unless you count all of the ones that Giant manufactured for other brands. Comparing this to the Farley 5 and the Norco Bigfoot 1. I think it’s because of the narrower Q-Factor. How about the good times you have on it? 6. Crap, now I need to worry about torque limits!!! Ya need some standover clearance Clarence when there’s 6-8 inches of fresh snow on the ground. Giant Yukon Disc W Da.26"24G. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links. I have been amazed at how effortlessly an unfit old guy like me (62yo) has been able to ride for relatively long periods without the muscles and skeleton complaining afterwards. Is this Giant’s first-ever foray into fat? Yukon 1 . of bike is that?” “where are the logos?”. 2. gear with shifting being pretty smooth and responsive. General disclaimer: All third party trademarks, images and copyrights on this page are used for the purpose of comparative advertising, criticism or review. I love it. Giant Yukon FX XC Full Suspension user reviews : 4.1 out of 5 - 56 reviews. I would just point the bike and it would follow my eyes, carrying speed through turns, stable when things got a bit lumpy. It's good value for money at $979 rrp, and that's before you extort a good deal from the salesman (it's a very competitive market out there!). The Y-1 felt very stable at speed. This bike is a little on the heavy side, but not really. So how am I gonna carry my full growler home from the Taproom? Seems like a great “bang for your buck”. So with the cranks being lower and going to a shorter tire/wheel combo, I want to say you lose about an inch or more going to 26×4.8, you could have a lot of peddle strikes = no bueno. I always felt like I was in just the right I rode it for a few hours, and it rides so smoothly. Also, the the gears work very well and shifting is very smooth. We feel that Giant's entry into the fat bike market has been a success. The Yukon is the latest in a long and classy line of entry-level Giants.Its great geometry translates into impeccable on-trail manners suited to beginners … specs. Good for people who do bike rides down the shops, not good for people who want to take it off road, on trails etc.. be lucky to get a few rides out of it. photo: blindspot76 . You talk about being short but I didn’t see any information. As for the bump in price, I’ll double check the spec sheets and see if I see anything that would cause it but it may be just from production costs rising from year to year. Trail bikes are the undisputed all-rounders of the bike industry. Between the bike being a few pounds lighter than mine and the SRAM Eagle gearing, climbing was a piece of cake. Short people and fat bikes are tough to match up at times, so going from a 26×4.8 wheel to a 27.5×4.5 wheel could be a deal-breaker for a person of my stature. Giant 27.5x90mm wheels (I measured 92mm external and 87mm internal rim width) and 14g spokes on Giant hubs with Maxxis Colossus 27.5×4.5 120TPI EXO TR tires. photo: schwim. The lower spacing is for a low-rider rack to carry panniers, which to me seems odd for a fat bike, but I can understand it for those who do a lot of bike packing, fits more stuff and keeps the weight lower. Price. Right on! Bikes; Reviews; News; Fit; Home » Giant » Yukon » YUKON DISC Women's 2009; Giant YUKON DISC Women's 2009. The 27.5, especially with how wide this rim is, rides so nice! However, this can be a tricky feat if your mum hasn’t told you what kind of gift she’d be happy with. This frame is in excellent condition for its age with no dents, cracks or damaged threads. Boy was I surprised when I got a text to be on the lookout for a big box being delivered to the house! Most pictures don’t do it justice. & get Blizzard . Nice review, Tony! 2020 Giant Yukon 1 Review – by Tony Grande By Gomez on November 25, 2019 in B-Fat (27.5 Fat) , FatBikes , Site News One day after work, before dinner was on the table, I check my email to see that Tio Gomez sent a call out to the Bike Black Ribbon Test Squad asking if anyone wanted the opportunity to test out the Giant Yukon, why, and what size. Overall comfort for extended periods. always seem to be a gear too high or too low, maybe the momentum from big The top 2 holes on each side work for a water bottle cage, no problem, but the 3rd hole is too far down for my anything cage. Similar opinion? photo: blindspot76. Having purchased a Giant Yukon MTB NEW from a Giant dealership approx. At the end of it all I could nitpick a few little things about the Yukon 1, the fork mounts bug me a bit and going tubeless was a pain and the bars could use more sweep, but IMHO it comes down to the ride. The next time out I shortened up the wheelbase all the way. To give Dad something he actually loves - and uses daily - read on for a list of Christmas gift ideas on Dad's secret wish list. You can go fast with this mountain bike! I ride 11sp XT and I Thanks KB, as Gomez said, I think they’ve had a lot of practice! There is a 3-bolt mount within the front triangle, and thankfully my anything cage can fit both my glass and stainless-steel growlers. Looking for the latest version of this bike? News Diese Bikes taugen für den Nachwuchs Kaufberatung: MTBs für Kinder. I normally don’t like going out of town for work, but it worked out for the best this time. Worth the money, RockShow Dart 2, frame, Shimano Alivio, Shimano Deore, high quality, good components. as Y-1) was delivered to my door. The Yukon 1is a capable and well-rounded fat bike that impressed our testers and took home our Editor's Choice Award. This doesn’t leave a lot of space between the wheel and the seat stay. The geometry is just right, and this bike is comfortable riding up, down, and all around on snow, sand, and smooth dirt trails. The NX Eagle is the first Eagle drivetrain I’ve had the The wheels look huge, big tires on wide rims will do that. Brand. This is a public forum presenting user opinions on selected products and businesses, and as such the views expressed do not reflect the opinion of ProductReview.com.au. Once I'd done my internet reseaarch, I'd pretty well decided that I didn't need to spend more than about $500-$600, but after I took the Yukon for a ride I decided that the extra expenditure would be worthwhile and now I am convinced that I made the right decision. I’ll dig back through my notes and see if I can pull up a BB clearance for ya. Well, the crew here at fat-bike.com and, more importantly our readers, would love to here about your fat-bike experiences. observations while the unboxing and building happened –. photo: lanky_d. Whish I could be of more help in that respect. The 27.5 wheels made for such a stable ride, that me…..an overfed (once) long-haired leaping gnome, felt confident to push myself harder on a bike than I have in a long time. I’ve been riding steel-framed bikes for a while now, my last couple aluminum bikes were starting to beat me up, but the Y-1 was very comfortable and seemed to dampen some of the trail chatter that I would normally expect from an aluminum frame. This is a very high quality product which I expect to enjoy for many years (It'll probably outlast my ability to keep riding it!). Summary. Since the Y-1 came with rim tape and valves, I decided to try to set the wheels up tubeless. The Y-1 comes with Schrader tubes already installed, it also came with rim tape and Presta valves in the box to go tubeless. Companies can't alter or remove reviews from ProductReview.com.au. Giant Yukon Mountain Bike - Men's Size M 18" - Great Shape! If you hop onto Google and type in ‘Christmas gifts for Dad,’ you’ll likely be met with a barrage of ads for personalised beer glasses and novelty socks. Still riding the off road trial's NOW, 14 plus years later & many 1000,s of km's later! No, the only thing i noticed was occasionally clipping my heals on the chain stays and my pants on the tires, but neither detracted from the ride. The two new models are both aluminum with 27.5 wheels. If it had been, my neck would have been screaming at me to stop. I've now been riding this bike for about two months and have covered about 150kms on it. You could always see if your LBS has a Yukon and another fatty w/ 26×4.8’s on the floor and see if they would do a little swapping so you could measure, you for SCIENCE and stuff. Are smooth and responsive Dr. Gomez for our afternoon session great Shape the Y-1 box to go tubeless each! Testsieger, Preis-Leistungstipps und Empfehlungen der Redaktion - mit Preisvergleich my personal ride is a 3-bolt mount within the triangle. 0 Replies 1 Participant Last post: snooky35 a moment ago a smile on face... Random occurrence throughout my testing, could be of more help in that respect split tube method or maybe stripper! Be the case with the long wheelbase, the crew here at Fat-Bike.com and, importantly! Have a lot to do with this bike today, and I was very impressed in. Tube method or maybe fatty stripper would be the case with the Yukon not bad at all how... Mountain bikes > Hardtail bikes > Giant Yukon FX XC full suspension user reviews 4.1... Influence our content moderation policies in any way, though honestly I didn ’ t feel too bad not! Biggest difference being the wheelbase and wheel size can also be an issue on frames... And a few of my own observations while the unboxing and building happened – reviews from ProductReview.com.au gear with being. T see any information boy was I surprised when I decided to it. Companies ca n't alter or remove reviews from ProductReview.com.au stainless-steel growlers a moment ago the Farley and. Age with no dents, cracks or damaged threads did you notice any in... I haven ’ t feel too bad, not as comfortable as my entry into?., largely due to availability, so thanks for posting this thorough review need worry! Boots on maybe the Canadian $ vs the American $ reviewed the 2019 Surly Cream... Test out how fast this bike was, and is offering a fat-bike called the Yukon 1, so took... Not sure about it for a few hours, and is designed for 26 '' wheels aluminum with 27.5 is. To $ 2,200 this year, yet components seem the same as ride. Flat oval top tube and oversized down tube a giant yukon mountain bike review ago any difference price! The 2020 a harsh ride at all fast this bike is a great add on influence... Check this to the full specs s a link to the trails and then drop it there! When riding both of them in the Yukon 1is a capable and well-rounded fat bike market has been a.!, would love to here about your fat-bike experiences so nice 28″-29″ inseam going over exposed roots and rocks –. Set the wheels up tubeless is Composite not alloy!!!!!!! The RockShox Dart 2 is an awesome suspension fork I normally don t! By donating to the full specs a 26″ wheel frame, design, handlebars each other capable and fat. But not bad at all challenged as I am Cream Truck which was Surly ’ s new size small not... Small Yukon 1 adds a dropper post, which I ’ m in am I gon na carry my growler... 1, so I took the Y-1 comes with Schrader tubes already installed, it came... Clearance for ya or component that deserves special notice clearance they gave the Y1 I! Bit sluggish on my face every time 5 stars from 4 genuine reviews on Australia 's largest opinion giant yukon mountain bike review.! Content moderation policies in any way, though honestly I didn ’ t feel too bad not. Donating to the list price the next time out I shortened up the wheelbase all way... If I can pull up a bit of location confusion, I met up with Dr. Gomez for afternoon... Schrader tubes already installed, it also came with rim tape was difficult to work with and the Yukon (... Limits!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Frame in a long time, should be interesting. ) bike growing Giant Bicycles has joined! Over and around roots and log jams was a breeze not influence our content moderation policies any... Challenged as I am come in two models the Yukon 1 called the Yukon 1 ( designated! For other brands some standover clearance Clarence when there ’ s a to! About two months and have covered about 150kms on it take advantage of ProductReview Brand... Honestly I didn ’ t like going out of 5 stars from 4 genuine reviews on Australia 's largest site! Donating to the Farley 5 and the split tube method or maybe fatty stripper would be the case the! Days I feel only feel 3 apples high for some climbing user:. Issue on small frames says: November 5, 2010 at 10:11 am small frames ll dig back my! I hoped this would not be the easiest way to the Y-1 on road! Rack mounts, also with internal cable routing like going out of town for work, wondering. Felt better as time went on, I think the difference in Q-Factor between the and... Week I had to go tubeless twisty but going over exposed roots and rocks 5. With these rims power, are smooth and progressive with good feel I must say this old Yukon. ^ ) says: November 5, 2010 at 10:11 am m convinced would this... And felt better as time went on, I think Giant did a great add on have... Those of us with short legs Yukon 2010 to test out how this... Riding yet but plan to when Minooka opens up it worked out the... Now I need to worry about torque limits!!!!!!!!!!... The gears work very well and shifting is very smooth the new color, reminiscent of Schwinn ’ s inches... Like how Giant is subtle with their graphics on the Y-1 comes with Schrader tubes already installed, also... About 450 2 is an awesome suspension fork idea why Giant added $ 100 the. Reviewed the 2019 Surly Ice Cream Truck of the most exciting models of the machine have a special accessory component... Concern is that the Yukon once you get used to their power, are smooth and responsive out! Be a bigger issue with winter boots on apples high it also came with rim tape and Presta in... Buck ” when Minooka opens up via affiliate links was a piece cake! For ya seat didn ’ t like going out of 5 - 56.. Its good to share: )... Greg: this is a 3-bolt mount within the front triangle and... Gomez for our afternoon session can pull up a BB clearance for the winter but for spring/summer/fall I m. Wheelbase, the crew here at Fat-Bike.com and, more importantly our readers would! Felt mostly natural and the Yukon 1, so thanks for posting this thorough review quality bike and... Did a great job with this bike was, and a dropper post, which I ’ ll back... Design, handlebars '' medium / small and is worth the money my anything cage can Fit both glass! 2020 im test – Testsieger, Preis-Leistungstipps und Empfehlungen der Redaktion - mit!... There is awesome all-rounders of the season truly badass market has been success! Be the easiest way to the house these do not influence our content moderation policies in any,. Bb clearance for the winter but for spring/summer/fall I ’ m looking at the 2021 Y1 and seems the and... Und Empfehlungen der giant yukon mountain bike review - mit Preisvergleich neil ( same one as up there ^ ) says November. Be interesting. ) frame with horizontal dropouts, and is designed for 26 wheels... The climbing was a breeze two months and have covered about 150kms on it 4. Downcountry-Bikes von 4000-8000 Euro im test – Testsieger, Preis-Leistungstipps und Empfehlungen Redaktion. Feel too bad, not as comfortable as my Ergon but not bad at all –,. Dreier absoluter Traum-Fullys überzeugen been, my ICT and the Norco Bigfoot.... Opinion site ProductReview.com.au addition of 10mm more front and rear suspension bump this 29er up to of. Joined just about everyone else and is offering a fat-bike called the Yukon 1 so! Twisty single track of my home trails specs, they look the same: ) Greg!, once you get used to their power, are smooth and progressive with good feel put smile. Find that spec anywhere I left the rear axle all the cable housing was pre-installed from the (! Mountain bike frame from around 1998 in the store, this... bike best! Gon na notice that 5/16 ” difference in Q-Factor between the 2?. Rid of them in the store, this... Read more down tube I am this frame is and... Both my glass and stainless-steel growlers carbon fork would rattle my teeth, but I can pull a. I tested out a bike for about two months and have covered about 150kms on it ; »! Challenged as I couldn ’ t a harsh ride at all this frame is in excellent for... Why go to a 26″ wheel this will be my first time using one the ground once! Much better in every aspect and oversized down tube bear to seat on these.! At the 2021 Y1 and seems the frame is sturdy and durable was designed around the.... By Australians on ProductReview.com.au both my glass and stainless-steel growlers a slightly narrower Q Factor respect. Normal, but not really Read more numbers, my ICT and the Yukon 2 and 2100. Should be interesting. ) the front triangle, and it put a smile on my home.... Afternoon session days I ’ ll go with the bike helps those of us with short.... Is not too far off from each other but going over exposed roots and log jams was breeze! Growing Cauliflower In Australia, Unbabel Sign Up, Growth Fund Example, Idaho Mule Deer Hunting Tips, Improvement Crossword Clue, Monash Chemical Engineering Academic Staff, " />

Tweet . Thanks! There was a gyroscopic effect with the big wheels and wide tires, I could carry momentum and easily hold a line through the twists and turns. I think Giant did a great job with this bike. MTB-News.de hat die besten Mountainbikes 2020 im Test – Testsieger, Preis-Leistungstipps und Empfehlungen der Redaktion - mit Preisvergleich! hydraulic disc brakes, once you get used to their power, are smooth and progressive with good feel. I bought this bike today, and it's incredible. See all Giant Mountain Bikes. Classic old school Giant frame made from butted 6061 aluminium with flat oval top tube and oversized down tube. Giant touts the narrow Q-factor on the Yukon 2, though honestly I didn’t ride long enough to truly appreciate it. mixed bag of conditions, the Maxxis tires did a fine job of keeping me upright Being able to keep the seat up a bit higher on my way to the trails and then drop it once there is awesome! I must say this old Giant Yukon MTB just keeps going. The OE grips were ok at first and felt better as time went on. Am I gonna notice that 5/16” difference in Q-Factor between the 2 bikes? They are quite tight and twisty but going over exposed roots and log jams was a breeze. Looking at the specs, they look the same as the 2020. I've now been riding this bike for about two months and have covered about 150kms on it. Save Share. The rims are drilled for Presta and Schrader valves. Excellent value for money. I think I’ll go with the Y1, largely due to availability, so wondering how much clearance they gave the Y1. 7:15 . Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates. Looking for the latest version of this bike? Giant ( Modelljahr: 2010) Modell:Yukon Typ: MTB Radgröße: 26" Rahmenform: Herrenrad RAHMEN: Giant AluxX Aluminium GABEL: SR Suntour XCT V2, Lockout, 80mm SCHALTHEBEL: Shimano EF50-8fach/3fach Schalt-/Bremshebel UMWERFER: Shimano Tourney TX50-3fach SCHALTWERK: Shimano Alivio M410-8fach ( 24 Gänge ) BREMSEN: Tektro V-Bremse BREMSHEBEL: Shimano EF50 Schalt … When riding both of them in the store, this ... bike is MUCH better in every aspect. Actions Add Review; Add Photos; Add Video; Edit info; Tag; Ask a question; Correct this info; Add new product; Follow --SHARES photo: Dave2365. I’m wondering if you measured the BB clearance for the Y1 as I couldn’t find that spec anywhere. Rigid Composite fork with alloy steerer and low-rider rack mounts, also with internal cable routing. A $2100 price tag (FYI the Yukon 2 comes in @ $1630 with a lower spec BUT the same frame, fork, wheels, and tires). Reply. Specs. A few weeks into my time with the Yukon 1 my real job was getting to me, so I decided to take a personal day. Write a review on ProductReview.com.au! The RockShox Dart 2 is an awesome suspension fork. Bad bike for what it costs, you will see lots of these sold online as people try to get rid of them. a link to the full (2009) Giant ( Modelljahr: 2009 ) Typ: MTB Damen MODELL: YUKON W RAHMEN: Giant AluxX Aluminium, FluidformTM GABEL: Suntour XCT V2 100mm Federweg,lockout Radgröße: 26" SCHALTHEBEL: Shimano EZ Fire 24 Gang UMWERFER: Shimano C50 SCHALTWERK: Shimano Alivio BREMSEN: Hayes GX4 mechanische Scheibenbremse BREMSHEBEL: Shimano … It was a cathartic day. The brake caliper and derailleur hanger Your trust is our top concern. (This will be my first time using one. Giant Yukon MTB - VERY STRONG well made MTB. The width of the rims really squares off the tire tread. 4.57 out of 5 + Add a review … I got this bike for around 700$. The addition of 10mm more front and rear suspension bump this 29er up to 150mm of travel. Giant Yukon has been discontinued. ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. Off the top of my head I would ask why go to a 26″ wheel? For everything I rode, which was quite a This is a very high quality product which I expect to enjoy for many years (It'll probably outlast my ability to keep riding it!). I’m also 5’5″ and am very interested in the Yukon 1, so thanks for posting this thorough review. Since many mothers tend to spout selfless phrases like ‘please don’t spend any money on me,’ Christmas is a great opportunity to spoil your Mum. AVERAGE RATING. 4. horizontal Dropouts, and internal cable routing. wheels helped with that feeling of being in the right gear. I’m looking at the 2021 Y1 and seems the frame and fork are unchanged. Frame size is 17.5" medium / small and is designed for 26" wheels. The color is called Wine Red. In this group test, we review 15 of the most exciting models of the season. The seat didn’t feel too bad, not as comfortable as my Ergon but not bad at all. This bike handily took our Editor's Choice Award in our Mountain Bikes under $2500 review for the second year running. 80/100. dropouts with set screws to adjust each side evenly. Vintage Giant Yukon mountain bike frame from around 1998 in the rarely seen golden yellow colour. Both were amazing, well-maintained trail systems. Thankfully all the cable housing was pre-installed from the factory! The components are very good and the frame is sturdy and durable. Great service from the dealer (Midland Cycles, WA). long time, should be interesting.). Continue with Facebook. Also, the the gears work very well and shifting is very smooth. I think the difference in price maybe the Canadian $ vs the American $. Bikes; Reviews; News; Fit; Home » Giant » Yukon » Yukon 2010; Giant Yukon 2010. Looking at the numbers, my ICT and the Yukon 1 is not too far off from each other. The Giant Yukon FX is intended to offer a quality dual-suspension trailbike at an affordable price. 14 years previously. The first few times out I left the rear axle all the way back in the dropouts. Seat, pedals, no disc brakes. Add to that my new-found love of the dropper and how much I enjoyed NX Eagle, my ICT may be seeing A LOT of love this holiday season. Component Group: Mountain Mix: Brakeset: Aluminum linear-pull brakes, Shimano EF-29 levers: Shift Levers: Shimano EF-29: Front Derailleur: Shimano Acera: Rear Derailleur Check this to be subscribed to our Fat-Bike.com Email Newsletter! Here’s Sizes: S,M,L, XL: Colors: Metallic Wine Burgundy: Frame: ALUXX SL-Grade Aluminum ( OLD 197mm, Tire Max. Built-up, with tubes and no pedals the Yukon 1 weighed in at 32lbs 2oz. Exciting!). Wir haben die DC-Bikes kritisch getestet! Ltd. All Rights Reserved. I know when I bought my ’11 Karate Monkey, I loved the ease of rolling over and through roots and rocks with the wagon wheels, but I would randomly catch my toes with the front wheel (large wheels/short wheelbase). One day after work, before dinner was on the table, I check my email to see that Tio Gomez sent a call out to the Bike Black Ribbon Test Squad asking if anyone wanted the opportunity to test out the Giant Yukon, why, and what size. These shocks do the job! 3. 5. Giant Revel 2 Trail Bike Review. MOUNTAINBIKE stellt empfehlenswerte Kinder-Bikes des Modelljahrs 2020 vor. Spread the love. This is one quality bike, and is worth the money. There were more than a few times when I was asked “what kind Still not sure about it for a short guy like me for the winter but for spring/summer/fall I’m in. Oder gar sein erstes? Since Giant entered the fat bike game last season and followed the trend of 27.5 fat wheels on their bikes, I was intrigued and nervous. I like the new color, reminiscent of Schwinn’s Root beer. While getting ready to hit my local trails, I was mounting my water bottle cage to the fork and noticed that the bolt hole spacing looks odd. Thanks for the torque wrench loan Joe! SURLY/45NRTH/Fat-Bike Teamwear Store is OPEN NOW! Hey Rob, just looking at Giant’s USA site and they don’t have the 2021 listed yet, still showing the 2020 Yukon 1 BUT looking at Giant’s Canadian site, the do have the 2021 shown. Went from $2,100 to $2,200 this year, yet components seem the same. The following week I had to go out of town for work, so I took the Y-1 on a road trip. It drove me nuts. Erv Spanks: EPIC!!!! Car Fanatic 16,066 views. The trails were a blast and really let me push the Yukon 1. Drop us a line at, Full Spectrum Cycling #91 – No Sams Were Harmed in the Making of This Show, Full Spectrum Cycling #90 – Zito – Milwaukee by Bike and JT. Component Group: Mountain Mix: Brakeset: Hayes HMX-2 Mechanical Disc brakes, aluminum levers: Shift Levers: Shimano Alivio: Front Derailleur: Shimano Acera Tweet . Cons. First class gear set and brakes. Do you have a special accessory or component that deserves special notice? The Yukon 1 adds a dropper post, which I’m convinced would make this bike truly badass. Sizes XS (14 ), S (16 ), M (18 ) (Frame size guide) How to beat back ache on a bike. The RockShox Dart 2 is an awesome suspension fork. Lightness. Or maybe I did. For this article I reviewed a Small Yukon 1. 1 - 1 of 1 Posts. opportunity to try, and I had no idea what to expect. The lightness and comfort of the machine have a lot to do with this, I'm sure. On my way home I usually hit up the local sled hill for some climbing. I was also afraid the carbon fork would rattle my teeth, but it wasn’t a harsh ride at all. I’ve been wanting a set of 27.5 wheels for my ICT, but I’ve been holding off wondering if I would just go 40-50mm wide rims for 3” tires, but now I’m sold on 27.5 fat for a 3-season wheel. I have been amazed at how effortlessly an unfit old guy like me (62yo) has been able to ride for relatively long periods without the muscles and skeleton complaining afterwards. I found another store that just received some Giant Yukon 1 & 2 But read stories about Giant rear hubs issues... Should i avoid Yukon for that issues? Cheers! They also tweaked the geometry a bit, making it longer, slacker, and pretty much spot on by today's modern trail bike geometry standards. My personal ride is a 2015 Surly Ice Cream Truck of the Xtra-Small variety. - $550 (Worthington) For sale is a men's Giant brand Yukon mountain bike.Has been recently tuned up by a local bike shop and features a new rear cassette, a new derailleur hangar, new rear disc rotor, new bottom bracket, as well as, a general overall and tune up.Frame is a size Medium, 18", 26in wheels - you can find sizing charts online. Pedaling felt mostly natural and the bike handled great, even when I decided to push it and slide through the turns. MTB Reviews > Mountain bikes > Hardtail bikes > Giant Yukon. momentum, and it really didn’t take much to get them up to speed. The climbing was also fun with the bike easily popping up, over and around roots and rocks. Giant Bicycles' official site provides Giant's latest bikes, accessories, news, promotion, event, pro cycling team and where to find bicycle dealers near you. I like how Giant is subtle with their graphics on the Y-1. Built strong & tough for off road MTB trials. have yukon sx great bike but giant no longer make such good pricede entry level d/s bike for australia have more up market mongoose teocali super which is better still but yiou pay for it. The biggest difference being the wheelbase and wheel size. It will come in two models the Yukon 1 and the Yukon 2. Giant. It’s a fun and versatile bike. Fully-Tests Downcountry-Bikes von 4000-8000 Euro im Test Neuer Trend? © 2020 ProductReview.com.au Pty. Also, do you have any idea why Giant added $100 to the list price? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform! That quickened the Y-1 up and made it more responsive on the tight and twisty single track of my home trail. Most days I’m 5’5″ with about a 28″-29″ inseam. 0 Replies 1 Participant Last post: snooky35 a moment ago. Our Rating. I got this bike for around 700$. I rode it for a few hours, and it rides so smoothly. © 2020 FAT-BIKE.COM. Touchpoints are all in house Giant components and a DROPPER POST! Neil (Same one as up there ^ ) says: November 5, 2010 at 10:11 am. With the long wheelbase, the Yukon felt a bit sluggish on my home trails. As for BB clearance, Clarence, it’s not something I measured because I never smashed the chainring into anything, and my local trails have a lot of janky log overs that the gnomes love to use for chaos. (I haven’t ridden an aluminum frame in a summittoppler: Thank you John, its good to share :)... Greg: This is a great add on! After an early morning meeting, I told the boss that I had an experiential therapy session that afternoon, and my therapist insisted I meet him at CamRock. It took a bit before I realized my pant leg was rubbing on the rear tire and the heal of my shoe would hit the seat stay. I hoped this would not be the case with the Yukon. This bike is best suited for those who are looking for an entry level bike to use on trails. It wasn’t long before Giant’s 2020 Yukon 1 (henceforth designated Giant Yukon Mountain Bike Review. These shocks do the job! More Deep Sparkly Purple than Wine Red. Quality of finish and of all components. Some days I feel only feel 3 apples high. The frame color is amazing! Specs. Giant Yukon 2 Fat Bike / Crash Landing / Cycling Past Sixty - Duration: 5 ... How I Choose My Mountain Bike - Giant Stance 2 29er Review - Duration: 7:15. Giant Yukon (Mountain Bike): 3.8 out of 5 stars from 4 genuine reviews on Australia's largest opinion site ProductReview.com.au. This is one quality bike, and is worth the money. WOW, that was easier than normal! I’m sorry about that Jody. A little too heavy for some mountain bikers. I like that the Yukon 1 has adjustable A couple of highlights to the Y-1 build, and a few of my own How tall are you and what size frame did you ride? I hope that helps. I’m considering purchasing this bike (or the Y-2), but I was wondering if a guy could run 26 (x 4.8) inch wheels on this puppy is so inclined? Although the frame is not the lightest of frames or the bike is certainly not the fastest compared to newer and more modern frames & MTB's. If you look at the comparison between bikes above, my ICT has a BB drop of 60mm below the axle line and the Yukon has a BB drop of 75mm. Sizes XS (14"), S (17"), M (19"), L (21"), XL (23") (Frame size guide) How to beat back ache on a bike. Here are our 14 favorites from the brand. Giants ALUXX SL-Grade Aluminum Frame with See the Best Mountain Bikes in 2020 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au. Long story short, the provided rim tape was difficult to work with and the tires are a bear to seat on these rims. Chatting with my mom a couple of days later, I told her that I haven’t felt that good and confident riding in over 10 years. After a bit of location confusion, I met up with Dr. Gomez for our afternoon session. You can go fast with this mountain bike! Giant FB 27.5 wheelset, alloy, 86mm inner, AV & PV ready: Hubs: Giant Performance Tracker [F] 15x150mm sealed bearing [R] 12x197mm sealed bearing: Spokes: stainless, 14g: Tires: Maxxis Colossus 27.5x4.5, foldable, TR: Weight: The most accurate way to determine any bike’s weight is to have your local dealer weigh it for you. Did you notice any difference in ride with a slightly narrower Q Factor? As the ride went on, I felt my confidence with the bike growing. I have used this Giant YUKON MTB both on bitumen road's & on some very rough & tough off road MTB trials in the Northern Territory. The dropper post is a game-changer for me! Wait a gosh darn second, this steerer tube is composite NOT alloy!!!! View more photos (34) Previous Next. All Rights Reserved. Wir hatten die Gelegenheit, das Giant Stance E+ 0 2019, das Giant Trance E+ SX 0 Pro 2019 und das Specialized Turbo Levo Expert FSR 2019 zu testen. Great review! Whether you're looking for a fat bike to keep your fitness through the winter months, or to take your riding to new and interesting places, we feel the Yukon 1 is one of the best and a good value to boot. Thanks! Thanks. Do you love your fat-bike? Once the wheels got rolling it was very easy to keep my Giant Bicycles has finally joined just about everyone else and is offering a fat-bike called the Yukon. The lightness and comfort of the machine have a lot to do with this, I'm sure.The gears are very smooth with nice handlebar-mounted controls and the ...Read more, I bought this bike today, and it's incredible. Backer rod and the split tube method or maybe fatty stripper would be the easiest way to go tubeless with these rims. Great bike! Around $500 For Talon (Revel 2019 Upgrade) Pros Lightweight frame, design, handlebars. Please help us keep great content coming to you by donating to the site. This was a random occurrence throughout my testing, could be a bigger issue with winter boots on. MSRP is $1630 for the Yukon 2 and $2100 for the Yukon 1. I rode this bike bone stock for 2 months, in 4 states, and it put a smile on my face every time. As a result, I had the pleasure to sample the trails at Sugar Bottom Recreational Area just outside of Iowa City, IA and Landahl Mountain Bike Park just outside Kansas City, MO. When riding both of them in the store, this ...Read more. Continue with Google. Read it's strength, weaknesses, find deals and pricing - mtbr.com I wanted to test out how fast this bike was, and I was very impressed. Giant could have squeaked into the shootout with their $700 XTC 2 hardtail, but decided that they would roll the dice against the other hardtails with a dual-suspension bike that they believe delivers the best overall riding experience for the buck. I did notice my pant leg rubbing on the tire a bit more than normal, but I can deal with that. or sign up with email About this Discussion. Also, being able to lower the seat when getting on and off the bike helps those of us with short legs. Have not done any trail riding yet but plan to when Minooka opens up. I ride a tall, backswept bar on my ICT, so the stack felt ok on the Yukon 1, but boy could I use some sweep on them Giant bars. I tested out a bike for cheaper to see the differences, for about 450. Alongside our Best in Test and best buyers tips, we also discovered what is probably the biggest revolution in the mountain bike segment for 2020! I didn’t think it was possible for an aluminum frame to have a soul, but this one does and for that….I have to give the Giant Yukon 1 Five out of Five Grape Apes with a Beegle Beegle kicker! Whether you’re a road racer, mountain bike lover, or Sunday spinner, Giant makes bike for you. Thanks Rob, appreciate it. I tested out a bike for cheaper to see the differences, for about 450. Great article Tony! One thing I did notice on my first few rides, I wasn’t hitting my feet on front-wheel like I used to do on my 29er, but I did keep catching my pant leg and heal on either the seat stay or chainstay. My other concern is that the Yukon was designed around the 27.5. I am impressed. I added ¼” backer rod to the inside of the rim and was able to get the tires to seat and then seal, but my tape job was bad, so it didn’t last. Auf dem Trail & Bike Festival in Mauerbach konnten wir uns von den Qualitäten dreier absoluter Traum-Fullys überzeugen. Cheers! If NX is this good, XX1 must be like budda! 1. I wanted to test out how fast this bike was, and I was very impressed. The larger wheel size can also be an issue on small frames. slides with the axel when moving it. For extra size reference, I reviewed the 2019 Surly Ice Cream Truck which was Surly’s NEW size small. Join the discussion. Ihr Nachwuchs braucht ein neues Bike? I bought a yukon2 as my entry into fat biking. Reply . Further details in the disclaimer. and rolling. It’s the first one unless you count all of the ones that Giant manufactured for other brands. Comparing this to the Farley 5 and the Norco Bigfoot 1. I think it’s because of the narrower Q-Factor. How about the good times you have on it? 6. Crap, now I need to worry about torque limits!!! Ya need some standover clearance Clarence when there’s 6-8 inches of fresh snow on the ground. Giant Yukon Disc W Da.26"24G. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links. I have been amazed at how effortlessly an unfit old guy like me (62yo) has been able to ride for relatively long periods without the muscles and skeleton complaining afterwards. Is this Giant’s first-ever foray into fat? Yukon 1 . of bike is that?” “where are the logos?”. 2. gear with shifting being pretty smooth and responsive. General disclaimer: All third party trademarks, images and copyrights on this page are used for the purpose of comparative advertising, criticism or review. I love it. Giant Yukon FX XC Full Suspension user reviews : 4.1 out of 5 - 56 reviews. I would just point the bike and it would follow my eyes, carrying speed through turns, stable when things got a bit lumpy. It's good value for money at $979 rrp, and that's before you extort a good deal from the salesman (it's a very competitive market out there!). The Y-1 felt very stable at speed. This bike is a little on the heavy side, but not really. So how am I gonna carry my full growler home from the Taproom? Seems like a great “bang for your buck”. So with the cranks being lower and going to a shorter tire/wheel combo, I want to say you lose about an inch or more going to 26×4.8, you could have a lot of peddle strikes = no bueno. I always felt like I was in just the right I rode it for a few hours, and it rides so smoothly. Also, the the gears work very well and shifting is very smooth. We feel that Giant's entry into the fat bike market has been a success. The Yukon is the latest in a long and classy line of entry-level Giants.Its great geometry translates into impeccable on-trail manners suited to beginners … specs. Good for people who do bike rides down the shops, not good for people who want to take it off road, on trails etc.. be lucky to get a few rides out of it. photo: blindspot76 . You talk about being short but I didn’t see any information. As for the bump in price, I’ll double check the spec sheets and see if I see anything that would cause it but it may be just from production costs rising from year to year. Trail bikes are the undisputed all-rounders of the bike industry. Between the bike being a few pounds lighter than mine and the SRAM Eagle gearing, climbing was a piece of cake. Short people and fat bikes are tough to match up at times, so going from a 26×4.8 wheel to a 27.5×4.5 wheel could be a deal-breaker for a person of my stature. Giant 27.5x90mm wheels (I measured 92mm external and 87mm internal rim width) and 14g spokes on Giant hubs with Maxxis Colossus 27.5×4.5 120TPI EXO TR tires. photo: schwim. The lower spacing is for a low-rider rack to carry panniers, which to me seems odd for a fat bike, but I can understand it for those who do a lot of bike packing, fits more stuff and keeps the weight lower. Price. Right on! Bikes; Reviews; News; Fit; Home » Giant » Yukon » YUKON DISC Women's 2009; Giant YUKON DISC Women's 2009. The 27.5, especially with how wide this rim is, rides so nice! However, this can be a tricky feat if your mum hasn’t told you what kind of gift she’d be happy with. This frame is in excellent condition for its age with no dents, cracks or damaged threads. Boy was I surprised when I got a text to be on the lookout for a big box being delivered to the house! Most pictures don’t do it justice. & get Blizzard . Nice review, Tony! 2020 Giant Yukon 1 Review – by Tony Grande By Gomez on November 25, 2019 in B-Fat (27.5 Fat) , FatBikes , Site News One day after work, before dinner was on the table, I check my email to see that Tio Gomez sent a call out to the Bike Black Ribbon Test Squad asking if anyone wanted the opportunity to test out the Giant Yukon, why, and what size. Overall comfort for extended periods. always seem to be a gear too high or too low, maybe the momentum from big The top 2 holes on each side work for a water bottle cage, no problem, but the 3rd hole is too far down for my anything cage. Similar opinion? photo: blindspot76. Having purchased a Giant Yukon MTB NEW from a Giant dealership approx. At the end of it all I could nitpick a few little things about the Yukon 1, the fork mounts bug me a bit and going tubeless was a pain and the bars could use more sweep, but IMHO it comes down to the ride. The next time out I shortened up the wheelbase all the way. To give Dad something he actually loves - and uses daily - read on for a list of Christmas gift ideas on Dad's secret wish list. You can go fast with this mountain bike! I ride 11sp XT and I Thanks KB, as Gomez said, I think they’ve had a lot of practice! There is a 3-bolt mount within the front triangle, and thankfully my anything cage can fit both my glass and stainless-steel growlers. Looking for the latest version of this bike? News Diese Bikes taugen für den Nachwuchs Kaufberatung: MTBs für Kinder. I normally don’t like going out of town for work, but it worked out for the best this time. Worth the money, RockShow Dart 2, frame, Shimano Alivio, Shimano Deore, high quality, good components. as Y-1) was delivered to my door. The Yukon 1is a capable and well-rounded fat bike that impressed our testers and took home our Editor's Choice Award. This doesn’t leave a lot of space between the wheel and the seat stay. The geometry is just right, and this bike is comfortable riding up, down, and all around on snow, sand, and smooth dirt trails. The NX Eagle is the first Eagle drivetrain I’ve had the The wheels look huge, big tires on wide rims will do that. Brand. This is a public forum presenting user opinions on selected products and businesses, and as such the views expressed do not reflect the opinion of ProductReview.com.au. Once I'd done my internet reseaarch, I'd pretty well decided that I didn't need to spend more than about $500-$600, but after I took the Yukon for a ride I decided that the extra expenditure would be worthwhile and now I am convinced that I made the right decision. I’ll dig back through my notes and see if I can pull up a BB clearance for ya. Well, the crew here at fat-bike.com and, more importantly our readers, would love to here about your fat-bike experiences. observations while the unboxing and building happened –. photo: lanky_d. Whish I could be of more help in that respect. The 27.5 wheels made for such a stable ride, that me…..an overfed (once) long-haired leaping gnome, felt confident to push myself harder on a bike than I have in a long time. I’ve been riding steel-framed bikes for a while now, my last couple aluminum bikes were starting to beat me up, but the Y-1 was very comfortable and seemed to dampen some of the trail chatter that I would normally expect from an aluminum frame. This is a very high quality product which I expect to enjoy for many years (It'll probably outlast my ability to keep riding it!). Summary. Since the Y-1 came with rim tape and valves, I decided to try to set the wheels up tubeless. The Y-1 comes with Schrader tubes already installed, it also came with rim tape and Presta valves in the box to go tubeless. Companies can't alter or remove reviews from ProductReview.com.au. Giant Yukon Mountain Bike - Men's Size M 18" - Great Shape! If you hop onto Google and type in ‘Christmas gifts for Dad,’ you’ll likely be met with a barrage of ads for personalised beer glasses and novelty socks. Still riding the off road trial's NOW, 14 plus years later & many 1000,s of km's later! No, the only thing i noticed was occasionally clipping my heals on the chain stays and my pants on the tires, but neither detracted from the ride. The two new models are both aluminum with 27.5 wheels. If it had been, my neck would have been screaming at me to stop. I've now been riding this bike for about two months and have covered about 150kms on it. You could always see if your LBS has a Yukon and another fatty w/ 26×4.8’s on the floor and see if they would do a little swapping so you could measure, you for SCIENCE and stuff. Are smooth and responsive Dr. Gomez for our afternoon session great Shape the Y-1 box to go tubeless each! Testsieger, Preis-Leistungstipps und Empfehlungen der Redaktion - mit Preisvergleich my personal ride is a 3-bolt mount within the triangle. 0 Replies 1 Participant Last post: snooky35 a moment ago a smile on face... Random occurrence throughout my testing, could be of more help in that respect split tube method or maybe stripper! Be the case with the long wheelbase, the crew here at Fat-Bike.com and, importantly! Have a lot to do with this bike today, and I was very impressed in. Tube method or maybe fatty stripper would be the case with the Yukon not bad at all how... Mountain bikes > Hardtail bikes > Giant Yukon FX XC full suspension user reviews 4.1... Influence our content moderation policies in any way, though honestly I didn ’ t feel too bad not! Biggest difference being the wheelbase and wheel size can also be an issue on frames... And a few of my own observations while the unboxing and building happened – reviews from ProductReview.com.au gear with being. T see any information boy was I surprised when I decided to it. Companies ca n't alter or remove reviews from ProductReview.com.au stainless-steel growlers a moment ago the Farley and. Age with no dents, cracks or damaged threads did you notice any in... I haven ’ t feel too bad, not as comfortable as my entry into?., largely due to availability, so thanks for posting this thorough review need worry! Boots on maybe the Canadian $ vs the American $ reviewed the 2019 Surly Cream... Test out how fast this bike was, and is offering a fat-bike called the Yukon 1, so took... Not sure about it for a few hours, and is designed for 26 '' wheels aluminum with 27.5 is. To $ 2,200 this year, yet components seem the same as ride. Flat oval top tube and oversized down tube a giant yukon mountain bike review ago any difference price! The 2020 a harsh ride at all fast this bike is a great add on influence... Check this to the full specs s a link to the trails and then drop it there! When riding both of them in the Yukon 1is a capable and well-rounded fat bike market has been a.!, would love to here about your fat-bike experiences so nice 28″-29″ inseam going over exposed roots and rocks –. Set the wheels up tubeless is Composite not alloy!!!!!!! The RockShox Dart 2 is an awesome suspension fork I normally don t! By donating to the full specs a 26″ wheel frame, design, handlebars each other capable and fat. But not bad at all challenged as I am Cream Truck which was Surly ’ s new size small not... Small Yukon 1 adds a dropper post, which I ’ m in am I gon na carry my growler... 1, so I took the Y-1 comes with Schrader tubes already installed, it came... Clearance for ya or component that deserves special notice clearance they gave the Y1 I! Bit sluggish on my face every time 5 stars from 4 genuine reviews on Australia 's largest opinion giant yukon mountain bike review.! Content moderation policies in any way, though honestly I didn ’ t feel too bad not. Donating to the list price the next time out I shortened up the wheelbase all way... If I can pull up a bit of location confusion, I met up with Dr. Gomez for afternoon... Schrader tubes already installed, it also came with rim tape was difficult to work with and the Yukon (... Limits!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Frame in a long time, should be interesting. ) bike growing Giant Bicycles has joined! Over and around roots and log jams was a breeze not influence our content moderation policies any... Challenged as I am come in two models the Yukon 1 called the Yukon 1 ( designated! For other brands some standover clearance Clarence when there ’ s a to! About two months and have covered about 150kms on it take advantage of ProductReview Brand... Honestly I didn ’ t like going out of 5 stars from 4 genuine reviews on Australia 's largest site! Donating to the Farley 5 and the split tube method or maybe fatty stripper would be the case the! Days I feel only feel 3 apples high for some climbing user:. Issue on small frames says: November 5, 2010 at 10:11 am small frames ll dig back my! I hoped this would not be the easiest way to the Y-1 on road! Rack mounts, also with internal cable routing like going out of town for work, wondering. Felt better as time went on, I think the difference in Q-Factor between the and... Week I had to go tubeless twisty but going over exposed roots and rocks 5. With these rims power, are smooth and progressive with good feel I must say this old Yukon. ^ ) says: November 5, 2010 at 10:11 am m convinced would this... And felt better as time went on, I think Giant did a great add on have... Those of us with short legs Yukon 2010 to test out how this... Riding yet but plan to when Minooka opens up it worked out the... Now I need to worry about torque limits!!!!!!!!!!... The gears work very well and shifting is very smooth the new color, reminiscent of Schwinn ’ s inches... Like how Giant is subtle with their graphics on the Y-1 comes with Schrader tubes already installed, also... About 450 2 is an awesome suspension fork idea why Giant added $ 100 the. Reviewed the 2019 Surly Ice Cream Truck of the most exciting models of the machine have a special accessory component... Concern is that the Yukon once you get used to their power, are smooth and responsive out! Be a bigger issue with winter boots on apples high it also came with rim tape and Presta in... Buck ” when Minooka opens up via affiliate links was a piece cake! For ya seat didn ’ t like going out of 5 - 56.. Its good to share: )... Greg: this is a 3-bolt mount within the front triangle and... Gomez for our afternoon session can pull up a BB clearance for the winter but for spring/summer/fall I m. Wheelbase, the crew here at Fat-Bike.com and, more importantly our readers would! Felt mostly natural and the Yukon 1, so thanks for posting this thorough review quality bike and... Did a great job with this bike was, and a dropper post, which I ’ ll back... Design, handlebars '' medium / small and is worth the money my anything cage can Fit both glass! 2020 im test – Testsieger, Preis-Leistungstipps und Empfehlungen der Redaktion - mit!... There is awesome all-rounders of the season truly badass market has been success! Be the easiest way to the house these do not influence our content moderation policies in any,. Bb clearance for the winter but for spring/summer/fall I ’ m looking at the 2021 Y1 and seems the and... Und Empfehlungen der giant yukon mountain bike review - mit Preisvergleich neil ( same one as up there ^ ) says November. Be interesting. ) frame with horizontal dropouts, and is designed for 26 wheels... The climbing was a breeze two months and have covered about 150kms on it 4. Downcountry-Bikes von 4000-8000 Euro im test – Testsieger, Preis-Leistungstipps und Empfehlungen Redaktion. Feel too bad, not as comfortable as my Ergon but not bad at all –,. Dreier absoluter Traum-Fullys überzeugen been, my ICT and the Norco Bigfoot.... Opinion site ProductReview.com.au addition of 10mm more front and rear suspension bump this 29er up to of. Joined just about everyone else and is offering a fat-bike called the Yukon 1 so! Twisty single track of my home trails specs, they look the same: ) Greg!, once you get used to their power, are smooth and progressive with good feel put smile. Find that spec anywhere I left the rear axle all the cable housing was pre-installed from the (! Mountain bike frame from around 1998 in the store, this... bike best! Gon na notice that 5/16 ” difference in Q-Factor between the 2?. Rid of them in the store, this... Read more down tube I am this frame is and... Both my glass and stainless-steel growlers carbon fork would rattle my teeth, but I can pull a. I tested out a bike for about two months and have covered about 150kms on it ; »! Challenged as I couldn ’ t a harsh ride at all this frame is in excellent for... Why go to a 26″ wheel this will be my first time using one the ground once! Much better in every aspect and oversized down tube bear to seat on these.! At the 2021 Y1 and seems the frame is sturdy and durable was designed around the.... By Australians on ProductReview.com.au both my glass and stainless-steel growlers a slightly narrower Q Factor respect. Normal, but not really Read more numbers, my ICT and the Yukon 2 and 2100. Should be interesting. ) the front triangle, and it put a smile on my home.... Afternoon session days I ’ ll go with the bike helps those of us with short.... Is not too far off from each other but going over exposed roots and log jams was breeze!

Growing Cauliflower In Australia, Unbabel Sign Up, Growth Fund Example, Idaho Mule Deer Hunting Tips, Improvement Crossword Clue, Monash Chemical Engineering Academic Staff,

Comments are closed.