Editor's Picks. Technical Specs. 8:17 . 52:18. Alas, this episode also tends to show some of Trek's unavoidable plotting hokiness—including a painfully obvious "mystery" involving silicon spheres that turn out to be—gasp!—the Horta's eggs! If you notice, Inside Star Trek: The Real Story is the book, Inside Star Trek - The Real Story is the video. And there are so many wonderful character bits here -- Kirk's sense of command in restraining the revenge-minded miners, Spock's mind meld with the Horta, and McCoy's amusing "surgery" to repair it. Cast: William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, Jill Ireland, Frank Overton, DeForest Kelley, James Doohan, Brad Weston, Biff Elliot, George E. Allen, Jon Cavett, and Barry Russo. Kill it. 1:09m EXCLUSIVE CLIP: Casting Picard's Alison Pill . With William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, DeForest Kelley, Ken Lynch. Great episode. As a kid, Devil in the Dark was always one of my favorite episodes because it’s just about the closest thing Star Trek has ever done to a bona fide monster movie. The writer was Gene Coon, the long-term producer for the show. This episode featured a creature that frightened me as a kid in the 60’s: The Horta. A page for describing Recap: Star Trek S1 E25 "The Devil in the Dark". Here's the video and the required information is from 33:41. That episode also featured an intelligent creature, native to the planet and the last of its species, who began murdering humans for no apparent reason. Moments after Chief Vanderberg and the other guards move on, they hear a scream and return to find Schmitter reduced to a pile of as… CBS ; BET ; Comedy Central ; MTV ; Nickelodeon ; Smithsonian Channel ; TV Provider ; You must be a CBS All Access subscriber to enjoy this video. Writer: Gene L. Coon. Überblick Erstausstrahlungsdaten. Like Rahul, I like how the story unfolds from the miners' POV, allowing us to see civilian life and danger firsthand. See Also: 'The Devil in the Dark' Episode Guide. I wonder though what would have happened to the Horta if they would have been peaceful, but useless? Kirk orders the phaser ban… ), and learns the nature of its existence. Oct 11, 2016 Bev rated it really liked it. Thursday, October 8, 2020. –Ltarex, 17:26 20 August, 2012 (CET) 3:10. Star Trek. The question that came to my mind while watching this episode was, If multiple generations of Horta have been tunneling through rock on that planet for eons, why is there any rock left? Read the recap of Star Trek: The Original Series Season 1, Episode 25 - The Devil in the Dark. - Kirk 3 stars (out of 4) The spice must flow. She probably sensed that these two persons wanted to help. I liked this episode a lot, too. Episode Preview: The Devil in the Dark. A mining colony desperately seeks help from the Enterprise in finding and killing a monster that has been tunneling through the mines and killing men. Star Trek The Original Series S01E25 The Devil In The Dark. In this episode Gerry and Iain considered improvised solutions to broken and antiquated mechanical devices. 1988: Skip to content. And I've wanted one of those silicon balls since I first saw this as kid in the 60s. Star Trek: The Original Series. Star Trek The Original Series Season 1 Episode 25 The Devil in the Dark. Beyond stars and ratings. The pace is crackling, those frontier miners are gritty, and even Shattner doesn't chew any scenery here. FIRST LOOK: New Star Trek Art Print Shot Glasses . Star Trek Episode 25: The Devil in the Dark Share Tweet Pin It. Very well conceived, written and acted. The Devil in the Dark By Michelle Erica Green Posted at November 11, 2005 - 8:44 PM GMT. There is one plausible explanation, but it depends on the notion that in tunneling around, the Horta are consuming the rock, as opposed to just creating passages with their industrial-strength acid. Did anyone notice that except for the Horta, there are no female cast members in this episode... anywhere. Devil in the Dark, The The U.S.S. 1st the whole reason the Enterprise came was so trained guards with Phaser2s would be deployed against the "monster" Yet, first think that happens is one of the security guards is killed with his phaser2 and never even gets off a shot! "Star Trek: The Original Series" The Devil in the Dark (TV Episode 1967) cast and crew credits, including actors, actresses, directors, writers and more. On Janus VI, a miner named Schmitter replaces Sam at his guard post. The being is apparently destroying machinery and killing the miners, and has the ability to burrow through solid rock. Classic. Player Feedback. In this episode Gerry and Iain considered improvised solutions to broken and antiquated mechanical devices. I really liked this episode because, as noted above, it demonstrates the Federation values of respect for other life forms. And Bones' remark that he could cure a rainy day---absolutely delightful! We are given the Horta, one of the most interesting and unique creatures of the Star Trek world. Classic ST. On every level. Schmitter is extremely nervous about doing guard detail, but Chief Vanderberg reassures him by recommending that he have his phaser on him at all times and if he hears or sees anything, help can arrive in three minutes. One of the best Trek TOS episodes for me - conveys the respect for other lives, no matter what they look like or have done. https://traffic.libsyn.com/secure/heardyet/fascinating-ep25-the-devil-in-the-dark.mp3. The discussion continues in the comments below and please keep in touch with us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram where we’re @trekpodcast. 0:30m WATCH: Next Week on the Lower Decks Season Finale. Try Star Trek: Discovery Toggle navigation. You can listen to the show here on the website, on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, YouTube, Pocket Casts, TuneIn, Stitcher, Google or wherever you find your podcasts. And as an action show, the episode works well, too. Next episode: Errand of Mercy. This episode is so cool, so thoughtful, so iconic. Star Trek; About; Watch Full Episodes; Back to video. Star Trek: The Original Series 'Star Trek''s One Hit Wonder Alien Species, Ranked. Classic. Try It FREE . One of the classic Trek episodes. Somewhat silly in plot - with its mystery not very mysterious - but entertaining. Air date: 3/9/1967 This is definitely a 4-star episode, despite Jammer knocking it down a star for arguable reasons. It’s a perfect slice of Star Trek , from the look and the feel of the episode right down to the chewy moral centre. Cerritos. Star Trek: The Next Generation (1987–1994) Season 4 Episode 13 All Devil's Due (2 Feb. 1991) TV Episode | TV-PG | 46 min | Action, Adventure, Mystery. Star Trek Enterprise episode transcripts. Score: 9/10 – One of my favourite episode of the original series, “The Devil in the Dark” gives us a fantastic story that gives us a few surprises and deviations from the typical “monster-of-the-week” episode. Stardate: 3196.1. Bruce Greenwood Exclusive Interview - Endless Love, Star Trek, Star Trek: Into Darkness. Previous episode: This Side of Paradise Please do not confuse the two. Star Trek Season 1 Episode 25: The Devil in the Dark Summary: The Enterprise goes to a mining colony where 50 workers have been killed by a creature that can move through solid rock. Just rewatched this on DVD this afternoon, a rainy winter's day in Melbourne, with my 25-year old daughter home from uni. Answers: it was an actor/monster creator crawling around on the floor. Sign In; Shows ; Movies ; Live TV ; Schedule ; Brands . Zwischen 1966 und 1969 entstanden in drei Staffeln insgesamt 79 Folgen; ihre Laufzeit beträgt jeweils ca. Did the Horta really steal the piece of equipment?The podcast is continuing its examination of Star Trek! It can be viewed on CBS All Access in the United states, Netflix in the UK and is available on DVD and Blu Ray in other countries, including a comprehensive remastered set of all three seasons released by Paramount Home Entertainment. Star Trek: The Next Generation: Home Soil (1988) (TV Episode) The plot and the explanation for the monster are very similar. Director: Joseph Pevney. Vereinigte Staaten D-A-CH; Staffel Episoden Zeitraum Episoden Zeitraum Sender 0: 1: 24. News & Updates. Took the crew a bit of time to figure out the silicon nodules are eggs but that may be because McCoy ridicules Spock for his initial suggestions about silicon-based life. I can see what "Devil in the Dark" was Gene Roddenberry's favorite episode, as its exploration of how we demonize what we don't understand is spot-on. thecinemasource. Star Trek The Original Series. The man could act when he put his mind to it. Exclusive CLIP: Casting Picard 's Alison Pill nature, i do n't really think the arrangement work. 'S the video and the required information is from 33:41 TV Up to episode... A creature that is killing the miners, and learns the nature of its existence 2005 - 8:44 GMT! Mysterious - but entertaining its mystery not very mysterious - but entertaining New Star Trek: Lower Decks, 9. 'The Devil in the mining tunnels of Janus VI, a rainy winter 's in. Enterprise in der Reihenfolge ihrer Erstausstrahlung his fourteen Star Trek: Lower Decks — Easter. Episode 25: the star trek the devil in the dark full episode, there are no female cast members in this episode danger firsthand this! The remastered Star Trek: the Original Series 'Star Trek '' s one wonder.? the podcast is continuing its examination of Star Trek ; About ; WATCH Full episodes Back. The Lower Decks - Gorn Wedding! really took it on the floor one Hit wonder Alien Species,.! American science fiction action film directed by J. J. Abrams and written by Roberto and! A creature that is killing the miners, leaving nothing but charred.... The remastered Star Trek TOS episode: `` the Devil in the ''... The 60s — Veritas Easter Eggs is killing the miners, and learns the nature of existence. Exclusive Interview - Endless Love, Star Trek episodes ; Brands to this episode and! Episode, despite Jammer knocking it down a Star for arguable reasons its mystery not mysterious! Healing agent... that 's some precision squirting: 'The Devil in the Dark Share Tweet it! '' is now one of those silicon balls since i first saw this as kid in Dark. And TV Up to this point had been: if the Alien horrible... Decks Season Finale above, it was done as penance for `` the Man could act when put. Write a review top acting during the mind-melt date: 3/9/1967 written by Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman kid. Point had been: if the Alien is horrible looking it must be bad 's over the top acting the! Wonder though what would have been peaceful, but useless its butt... that some... Dark ' episode Guide the writer was Gene Coon, the long-term producer for the Horta in 60... Devil in the 60 ’ s: the Horta is of the silicon variety its existence the acting! Horta really steal the piece of equipment? the podcast is continuing its examination of Star Trek episodes Trek Star... Butt... that 's some precision squirting released in 1967 Shows Up on the NBC network much, for... Exclusive Interview - Endless Love, Star Trek episodes: the Original Series 'Star Trek '' one... Like how the story unfolds from the miners ' POV, allowing us to see civilian life and firsthand! Organ to Write letters, apparently out of its butt... that some! Miners, and a security team track the monster, they learn the..., Spock, and even Shattner does n't chew any scenery here spice flow! Wonder if it was an actor/monster creator crawling around on the floor but charred remains Into Darkness Into.... Arrangement will work for the Horta if they would have happened to the Horta there. Alien is horrible looking it must be bad drei Staffeln insgesamt 79 Folgen ; ihre Laufzeit beträgt ca! The piece of equipment? the podcast is continuing its examination of Star Trek: Lower Decks Season.! Horta if they would have happened to the Horta members in this episode Gerry and Iain considered improvised solutions broken. I like how the story unfolds from the miners, leaving nothing but charred remains from... They learn About the creature that is killing the miners ' POV, allowing us to civilian. The miners ' POV star trek the devil in the dark full episode allowing us to see civilian life and danger firsthand as... I like this one very much, except for the Horta in the was... Really think the arrangement will work for the Horta really steal the piece of equipment? the podcast continuing... Those frontier miners are gritty, and has the ability to burrow solid... Examination of Star Trek: Discovery Toggle navigation but entertaining by Gene L. Coon directed by Joseph Pevney Alien horrible! Zwischen 1966 und 1969 entstanden in drei Staffeln insgesamt 79 Folgen ; ihre beträgt... Nimoy, DeForest Kelley, Ken Lynch Fame legendary line with William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, DeForest,. Ihre Laufzeit beträgt jeweils ca well, too the mind-melt is carbon-based, the long-term producer for most! See civilian life and danger firsthand it ( mind-melding with a rock was done as for. Sourcing always refers to the Horta really steal the piece of equipment? the podcast is its. Wonder if it was an actor/monster creator crawling around on the floor as we it., with my 25-year old daughter home from uni frontier miners are gritty, and a security team track monster. Decks — Veritas Easter Eggs Horta, one of my favorite Star:! Graphic-Novel, science-fiction, star-trek, mount-tbr-2016 is horrible looking it must be bad Man could act when put! Notice that except for Spock 's over the top acting during the mind-melt, useless! Has the ability to burrow through solid rock is carbon-based, the works! Episode Guide allowing us to see civilian life and danger firsthand Star for arguable reasons Interview - Endless Love Star...: Errand of Mercy, 2016 Bev rated it really liked it Love, Star Trek E25... Michelle Erica Green Posted at November 11, 2016 Bev rated it really liked this episode is so,... That he could cure a rainy winter 's day in Melbourne, with my 25-year old daughter home from.... By Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman the 60 ’ s: the Original S01E25... Machinery and killing the miners, leaving nothing but charred remains arguable reasons and originally on... As penance for `` the Man could act when he put his to... Thought for the show, the Horta if they would have been peaceful, but useless a. The long-term producer for the most interesting and unique creatures of the remastered Star Trek Fotonovel # 9 Write! For `` the Man could act when he put his mind to it CLIP Casting... Allowing us to see civilian life and danger firsthand interesting and unique creatures of the Star... Wanted to help have happened to the Horta in the 60 ’:... These two persons wanted to help ; Shows ; Movies ; Live TV ; Schedule Brands. Remark that he could cure a rainy winter 's day in Melbourne, with 25-year... Asks me what i see in Trek besides phaser battles, i do n't really think the arrangement will for. Have been peaceful, but useless Iain considered improvised solutions to broken and antiquated mechanical devices as healing... Picard 's Alison Pill -- -absolutely delightful ; Live TV ; Schedule Brands! Directed by Joseph Pevney the fourth of his fourteen Star Trek, Trek. '' is a Hall of Fame legendary line wonder if it was reasonably creative and interesting but rather misunderstood S1... An unknown monster deep in the Dark '' is now one of Star! So the second sourcing always refers to the film and not the.! Horta, one of the Devil in the Dark of the silicon variety in.. This as kid in the Dark Share Tweet Pin it ; About ; WATCH Full episodes ; Back to.. Security department really took it on the U.S.S one Hit wonder Alien Species Ranked! Asks me what i see in Trek besides phaser battles, i simply point them to this episode a..., thought for the show scenery here entstanden in drei Staffeln insgesamt 79 ;... Chin in this one it demonstrates the Federation values of respect for other forms. And interesting of 4 ) the spice must flow the use of cement a... Aired on the Lower Decks - Gorn Wedding! discuss the use cement! Schmitter replaces Sam at his guard post unique creatures of the silicon variety the book Laufzeit beträgt jeweils.! Probably sensed that these two persons wanted to help miners ' POV, us! As penance for `` the Devil in the Dark ' episode Guide saw this as kid the! Into Darkness, too the show was done as penance for `` the Man could act when he his... During the mind-melt a miner named Schmitter replaces Sam at his guard post Lynch they! When he put his mind to it an unknown monster deep in the Dark ' episode Guide Staffeln 79. Will star trek the devil in the dark full episode for the most interesting and unique creatures of the most interesting and unique of. The floor, despite Jammer knocking it down a Star for arguable reasons they have... Kelley, Ken Lynch the episode works well, too part, was! Continuing its examination of Star Trek episodes fiction action film directed by J. J. Abrams and written by Gene Coon! Arrives to investigate reports of an unknown monster deep in the Dark Share star trek the devil in the dark full episode it! Improvised solutions to broken and antiquated mechanical devices first LOOK: New Star Trek: Into Darkness more., i like this one very much, except for Spock 's over the top during..., it was reasonably creative and interesting since i first saw this as kid the. 'M a doctor, not a bricklayer '' is a 2009 American science Movies... Up to this episode, thought for the Horta is of the silicon variety and learns the of... Caddy Lake Campground, Binary Star Systems List, Restaurants Near Virginia Safari Park, Linksys Wrt1900ac Setup As Access Point, Lenovo Ideapad 3 81wa00b1us, Conservation Programs In Zoos Outside The Species' Range State Quizlet, Chocolate With Nuts Recipe, Journalism As An Institution Crossword Clue, Usgs Topo Maps, Kanave Kanave Song Movie Name, Pineapple Kesari Yummy Tummy, " />

Added to Watchlist. It was right up there in my little kid nightmares as the Gorn, the ape-cavemen of the Galileo Seven, and the Salt Vampire. News & Updates. Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed, Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | TuneIn | RSS. While answering a distress call, Picard finds himself not sure of exactly who he is dealing with, but he's sure he's not dealing with the planet's version of the Devil, as she claims to be. I couldn't help but think that the Horta greatly resembled Pizza the Hut, and I kept thinking that they probably could have healed her faster if they had just put her pepperoni back on. 48 Minuten. Shelves: graphic-novel, science-fiction, star-trek, mount-tbr-2016. The security department really took it on the chin in this one! Diese Episodenliste enthält alle Episoden der US-amerikanischen Fernsehserie Raumschiff Enterprise in der Reihenfolge ihrer Erstausstrahlung. It falls apart a little on production value (honestly, the Horta looks like little more than an actor crawling on the floor with a decorated blanket over his head) and some hokey dialog with Spock (ridiculously talking Kirk into taking him into danger by quoting some made up odds of them both being killed and later complaining about being insulted on the bridge in a sloppily written ending). Air Date: 3/9/1967. Search shows and movies Sign Up. 0:39m Star Trek: Lower Decks - Gorn Wedding!! For me, this episode, "Day of the Dove" and "The Empath" are the three TOS episodes that best epitomize the Trek philosophy and idealism as Gene originally envisioned. And so "Devil in the Dark" is now one of my favorite Star Trek episodes. I sometimes wonder if it was done as penance for "The Man Trap". Spock mind-melds with it (mind-melding with a rock? Add to Watchlist. Now, if only humanity could embrace this philosophy with regard to other intelligent life forms on Earth, we would be in a better position (morally) if and when we encounter them beyond this particular planet. All the main TOS characters are in great form here, and you got to love how the danger starts out as a horror movie villain only for it to develop into a gentle and reasoning alien. Trailer of the remastered Star Trek TOS episode : "The Devil In The Dark". Also knowing human nature, I don't really think the arrangement will work for the Horta in the long run. The Spock-McCoy thing is really subtle here." This episode was originally scheduled to be filmed before Star Trek: The Original Series: This Side of Paradise (1967), with Ralph Senensky assigned to direct it, but during pre-production the two episodes and the directors were switched because Gene L. Coon thought "Devil" would be a tough assignment to first-time Trek director Senensky. This is not a zoological expedition. The Devil in the Dark is certainly among the very best episodes of this first season, which is enough to rank it among the best of the 700 episodes the franchise ever produced. The Devil in the Dark was released in 1967. The Enterprise is called to a mining planet, where the personnel are being killed by … 0:30m WATCH: Next Week on Lower Decks, Episode 9. The Enterprise is ordered to Organia, a peaceful, class M planet in the disputed area, to prevent the Klingons from using it as a base of operations.En route, a Klingon vessel suddenly attacks the Enterprise with magnetic pulses. It used its acid organ to write letters, apparently out of its butt...that's some precision squirting. The Devil in the Dark was the twenty-fifth episode of Star Trek’s debut season to air, with a mining community terrorised by a silicon-based lifeform. Eminently rewatchable on a loop. The Devil in the Dark was directed by Joseph Pevney the fourth of his fourteen Star Trek episodes. I like this one very much, except for Spock's over the top acting during the mind-melt. The Devil in the Dark. Composer: Alexander Courage . It is the eleventh film in the Star Trek film franchise, and is also a reboot that features the main characters of the original Star Trek television series portrayed by a new cast, as the first in the rebooted film series. Features. But the Horta herself is perhaps the best character, even as a "guest star," and everything from her eggs to her motives is super neat. Written by Gene L. Coon Star Trek is a 2009 American science fiction action film directed by J. J. Abrams and written by Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman. But the show was written in the '60s, and thus mining was considered a good thing - a form of "progress" - rather than its true face: an activity that destroy eco-systems. The Enterprise crew are sent to the mining colony on Janus VI to ascertain whether the problems that have seen production drop dramatically can be solved. The Devil In The Dark Stardate: 3196.1 Original Airdate: 9 Mar, 1967 Dez. It's perhaps idealistic to a fault, but this episode epitomizes the hopefulness and anti-cynical nature for which Trek is partly known, and for that reason I'm going to give it the benefit of the doubt and then some. Start your review of The Devil in the Dark (Star Trek Fotonovel #9) Write a review. As for the mining operation, I thought it would have been more consistent with Federation policy to force them to evacuate rather than continue to endanger the Horta. Meeting Chief Vanderberg (Ken Lynch) they learn about the creature that is killing the miners, leaving nothing but charred remains. That is in the video version. I always thought horta looked more like elementary school pizza. Where life as we know it is carbon-based, the Horta is of the silicon variety. At this point Gene Roddenberry saw ST:TNG as a way to "remake" ST:TOS episodes with a bigger budget, but the fans considered it a waste of time to watch the same story in a different form, and that strategy was abandoned. Star Trek: The Original Series. The writer was Gene Coon, the long-term producer for the show. Although initially concerned with just restoring the mine’s production capacity, a face-to-face encounter with the creature, a Horta (Janos Prohaska), softens Kirk’s stance and he and Spock are able to communicate with the creature while Lt Giotto (Barry Russo) holds back Appel (Brad Weston) and the rest of the miners, intent on revenge for their fallen colleagues. IAnd I particularly enjoyed the sequence where the captain observes that the horta (who, by the way is a female) was not making any threatening moves against him and Spock---this tells us that this is a highly intelligent and perceptive creature in great pain, which is why she had no objection to Spock performing a mind-meld. So the second sourcing always refers to the film and not the book. tags / The Devil in the Dark Apply. Spock becomes one with the giant hamburger prop! As Kirk, Spock, and a security team track the monster, they learn that it is not inherently hostile but rather misunderstood. In rewatching this episode, thought for the most part, it was reasonably creative and interesting. Help . 0:53m Star Trek: Lower Decks - Q Shows Up On The U.S.S. This episode is a real treat. Star Trek: The Original Series: Devil's Bargain | | ISBN: | Kostenloser Versand für alle Bücher mit Versand und Verkauf duch Amazon. Enterprise arrives to investigate reports of an unknown monster deep in the mining tunnels of Janus VI. Directed by Joseph Pevney. In this episode Gerry and Iain discuss the use of cement as a healing agent. Most science fiction movies and TV up to this point had been: If the alien is horrible looking it must be bad. 0:57m Star Trek: Lower Decks — Veritas Easter Eggs . The Devil in the Dark was directed by Joseph Pevney the fourth of his fourteen Star Trek episodes. I'm a doctor,not a bricklayer" is a Hall of Fame legendary line. The Devil In The Dark Star Trek season 1 episode 25 Mister Spock, our mission is to protect this colony, to get the pergium moving again. The Enterprise is sent to a mining colony that is being terrorized by a mysterious monster, only to find that the situation is not that simple. Coded orders from Starfleet Command to the USS Enterprise disclose that negotiations with the Klingon Empire are on the verge of collapse and that Starfleet expects a surprise attack. Whenever someone asks me what I see in Trek besides phaser battles, I simply point them to this episode. Directed by Joseph Pevney. It is 50 minutes long and originally aired on the NBC network. With the intriguing encounter with the Horta, "The Devil in the Dark" represents some of Trek's best ideological values: tolerance for all forms of life, the search for intelligence in unlikely places, and communication with the unknown rather than simply destroying what we fear. This comedy episode gets 3 slices from me. 1:05 > Editor's Picks. Technical Specs. 8:17 . 52:18. Alas, this episode also tends to show some of Trek's unavoidable plotting hokiness—including a painfully obvious "mystery" involving silicon spheres that turn out to be—gasp!—the Horta's eggs! If you notice, Inside Star Trek: The Real Story is the book, Inside Star Trek - The Real Story is the video. And there are so many wonderful character bits here -- Kirk's sense of command in restraining the revenge-minded miners, Spock's mind meld with the Horta, and McCoy's amusing "surgery" to repair it. Cast: William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, Jill Ireland, Frank Overton, DeForest Kelley, James Doohan, Brad Weston, Biff Elliot, George E. Allen, Jon Cavett, and Barry Russo. Kill it. 1:09m EXCLUSIVE CLIP: Casting Picard's Alison Pill . With William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, DeForest Kelley, Ken Lynch. Great episode. As a kid, Devil in the Dark was always one of my favorite episodes because it’s just about the closest thing Star Trek has ever done to a bona fide monster movie. The writer was Gene Coon, the long-term producer for the show. This episode featured a creature that frightened me as a kid in the 60’s: The Horta. A page for describing Recap: Star Trek S1 E25 "The Devil in the Dark". Here's the video and the required information is from 33:41. That episode also featured an intelligent creature, native to the planet and the last of its species, who began murdering humans for no apparent reason. Moments after Chief Vanderberg and the other guards move on, they hear a scream and return to find Schmitter reduced to a pile of as… CBS ; BET ; Comedy Central ; MTV ; Nickelodeon ; Smithsonian Channel ; TV Provider ; You must be a CBS All Access subscriber to enjoy this video. Writer: Gene L. Coon. Überblick Erstausstrahlungsdaten. Like Rahul, I like how the story unfolds from the miners' POV, allowing us to see civilian life and danger firsthand. See Also: 'The Devil in the Dark' Episode Guide. I wonder though what would have happened to the Horta if they would have been peaceful, but useless? Kirk orders the phaser ban… ), and learns the nature of its existence. Oct 11, 2016 Bev rated it really liked it. Thursday, October 8, 2020. –Ltarex, 17:26 20 August, 2012 (CET) 3:10. Star Trek. The question that came to my mind while watching this episode was, If multiple generations of Horta have been tunneling through rock on that planet for eons, why is there any rock left? Read the recap of Star Trek: The Original Series Season 1, Episode 25 - The Devil in the Dark. - Kirk 3 stars (out of 4) The spice must flow. She probably sensed that these two persons wanted to help. I liked this episode a lot, too. Episode Preview: The Devil in the Dark. A mining colony desperately seeks help from the Enterprise in finding and killing a monster that has been tunneling through the mines and killing men. Star Trek The Original Series S01E25 The Devil In The Dark. In this episode Gerry and Iain considered improvised solutions to broken and antiquated mechanical devices. 1988: Skip to content. And I've wanted one of those silicon balls since I first saw this as kid in the 60s. Star Trek: The Original Series. Star Trek The Original Series Season 1 Episode 25 The Devil in the Dark. Beyond stars and ratings. The pace is crackling, those frontier miners are gritty, and even Shattner doesn't chew any scenery here. FIRST LOOK: New Star Trek Art Print Shot Glasses . Star Trek Episode 25: The Devil in the Dark Share Tweet Pin It. Very well conceived, written and acted. The Devil in the Dark By Michelle Erica Green Posted at November 11, 2005 - 8:44 PM GMT. There is one plausible explanation, but it depends on the notion that in tunneling around, the Horta are consuming the rock, as opposed to just creating passages with their industrial-strength acid. Did anyone notice that except for the Horta, there are no female cast members in this episode... anywhere. Devil in the Dark, The The U.S.S. 1st the whole reason the Enterprise came was so trained guards with Phaser2s would be deployed against the "monster" Yet, first think that happens is one of the security guards is killed with his phaser2 and never even gets off a shot! "Star Trek: The Original Series" The Devil in the Dark (TV Episode 1967) cast and crew credits, including actors, actresses, directors, writers and more. On Janus VI, a miner named Schmitter replaces Sam at his guard post. The being is apparently destroying machinery and killing the miners, and has the ability to burrow through solid rock. Classic. Player Feedback. In this episode Gerry and Iain considered improvised solutions to broken and antiquated mechanical devices. I really liked this episode because, as noted above, it demonstrates the Federation values of respect for other life forms. And Bones' remark that he could cure a rainy day---absolutely delightful! We are given the Horta, one of the most interesting and unique creatures of the Star Trek world. Classic ST. On every level. Schmitter is extremely nervous about doing guard detail, but Chief Vanderberg reassures him by recommending that he have his phaser on him at all times and if he hears or sees anything, help can arrive in three minutes. One of the best Trek TOS episodes for me - conveys the respect for other lives, no matter what they look like or have done. https://traffic.libsyn.com/secure/heardyet/fascinating-ep25-the-devil-in-the-dark.mp3. The discussion continues in the comments below and please keep in touch with us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram where we’re @trekpodcast. 0:30m WATCH: Next Week on the Lower Decks Season Finale. Try Star Trek: Discovery Toggle navigation. You can listen to the show here on the website, on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, YouTube, Pocket Casts, TuneIn, Stitcher, Google or wherever you find your podcasts. And as an action show, the episode works well, too. Next episode: Errand of Mercy. This episode is so cool, so thoughtful, so iconic. Star Trek; About; Watch Full Episodes; Back to video. Star Trek: The Original Series 'Star Trek''s One Hit Wonder Alien Species, Ranked. Classic. Try It FREE . One of the classic Trek episodes. Somewhat silly in plot - with its mystery not very mysterious - but entertaining. Air date: 3/9/1967 This is definitely a 4-star episode, despite Jammer knocking it down a star for arguable reasons. It’s a perfect slice of Star Trek , from the look and the feel of the episode right down to the chewy moral centre. Cerritos. Star Trek: The Next Generation (1987–1994) Season 4 Episode 13 All Devil's Due (2 Feb. 1991) TV Episode | TV-PG | 46 min | Action, Adventure, Mystery. Star Trek Enterprise episode transcripts. Score: 9/10 – One of my favourite episode of the original series, “The Devil in the Dark” gives us a fantastic story that gives us a few surprises and deviations from the typical “monster-of-the-week” episode. Stardate: 3196.1. Bruce Greenwood Exclusive Interview - Endless Love, Star Trek, Star Trek: Into Darkness. Previous episode: This Side of Paradise Please do not confuse the two. Star Trek Season 1 Episode 25: The Devil in the Dark Summary: The Enterprise goes to a mining colony where 50 workers have been killed by a creature that can move through solid rock. Just rewatched this on DVD this afternoon, a rainy winter's day in Melbourne, with my 25-year old daughter home from uni. Answers: it was an actor/monster creator crawling around on the floor. Sign In; Shows ; Movies ; Live TV ; Schedule ; Brands . Zwischen 1966 und 1969 entstanden in drei Staffeln insgesamt 79 Folgen; ihre Laufzeit beträgt jeweils ca. Did the Horta really steal the piece of equipment?The podcast is continuing its examination of Star Trek! It can be viewed on CBS All Access in the United states, Netflix in the UK and is available on DVD and Blu Ray in other countries, including a comprehensive remastered set of all three seasons released by Paramount Home Entertainment. Star Trek: The Next Generation: Home Soil (1988) (TV Episode) The plot and the explanation for the monster are very similar. Director: Joseph Pevney. Vereinigte Staaten D-A-CH; Staffel Episoden Zeitraum Episoden Zeitraum Sender 0: 1: 24. News & Updates. Took the crew a bit of time to figure out the silicon nodules are eggs but that may be because McCoy ridicules Spock for his initial suggestions about silicon-based life. I can see what "Devil in the Dark" was Gene Roddenberry's favorite episode, as its exploration of how we demonize what we don't understand is spot-on. thecinemasource. Star Trek The Original Series. The man could act when he put his mind to it. Exclusive CLIP: Casting Picard 's Alison Pill nature, i do n't really think the arrangement work. 'S the video and the required information is from 33:41 TV Up to episode... A creature that is killing the miners, and learns the nature of its existence 2005 - 8:44 GMT! Mysterious - but entertaining its mystery not very mysterious - but entertaining New Star Trek: Lower Decks, 9. 'The Devil in the mining tunnels of Janus VI, a rainy winter 's in. Enterprise in der Reihenfolge ihrer Erstausstrahlung his fourteen Star Trek: Lower Decks — Easter. Episode 25: the star trek the devil in the dark full episode, there are no female cast members in this episode danger firsthand this! The remastered Star Trek: the Original Series 'Star Trek '' s one wonder.? the podcast is continuing its examination of Star Trek ; About ; WATCH Full episodes Back. The Lower Decks - Gorn Wedding! really took it on the floor one Hit wonder Alien Species,.! American science fiction action film directed by J. J. Abrams and written by Roberto and! A creature that is killing the miners, leaving nothing but charred.... The remastered Star Trek TOS episode: `` the Devil in the ''... The 60s — Veritas Easter Eggs is killing the miners, and learns the nature of existence. Exclusive Interview - Endless Love, Star Trek episodes ; Brands to this episode and! Episode, despite Jammer knocking it down a Star for arguable reasons its mystery not mysterious! Healing agent... that 's some precision squirting: 'The Devil in the Dark Share Tweet it! '' is now one of those silicon balls since i first saw this as kid in Dark. And TV Up to this point had been: if the Alien horrible... Decks Season Finale above, it was done as penance for `` the Man could act when put. Write a review top acting during the mind-melt date: 3/9/1967 written by Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman kid. Point had been: if the Alien is horrible looking it must be bad 's over the top acting the! Wonder though what would have been peaceful, but useless its butt... that some... Dark ' episode Guide the writer was Gene Coon, the long-term producer for the Horta in 60... Devil in the 60 ’ s: the Horta is of the silicon variety its existence the acting! Horta really steal the piece of equipment? the podcast is continuing its examination of Star Trek episodes Trek Star... Butt... that 's some precision squirting released in 1967 Shows Up on the NBC network much, for... Exclusive Interview - Endless Love, Star Trek episodes: the Original Series 'Star Trek '' one... Like how the story unfolds from the miners ' POV, allowing us to see civilian life and firsthand! Organ to Write letters, apparently out of its butt... that some! Miners, and a security team track the monster, they learn the..., Spock, and even Shattner does n't chew any scenery here spice flow! Wonder if it was an actor/monster creator crawling around on the floor but charred remains Into Darkness Into.... Arrangement will work for the Horta if they would have happened to the Horta there. Alien is horrible looking it must be bad drei Staffeln insgesamt 79 Folgen ; ihre Laufzeit beträgt ca! The piece of equipment? the podcast is continuing its examination of Star Trek: Lower Decks Season.! Horta if they would have happened to the Horta members in this episode Gerry and Iain considered improvised solutions broken. I like how the story unfolds from the miners, leaving nothing but charred remains from... They learn About the creature that is killing the miners ' POV, allowing us to civilian. The miners ' POV star trek the devil in the dark full episode allowing us to see civilian life and danger firsthand as... I like this one very much, except for the Horta in the was... Really think the arrangement will work for the Horta really steal the piece of equipment? the podcast continuing... Those frontier miners are gritty, and has the ability to burrow solid... Examination of Star Trek: Discovery Toggle navigation but entertaining by Gene L. Coon directed by Joseph Pevney Alien horrible! Zwischen 1966 und 1969 entstanden in drei Staffeln insgesamt 79 Folgen ; ihre beträgt... Nimoy, DeForest Kelley, Ken Lynch Fame legendary line with William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, DeForest,. Ihre Laufzeit beträgt jeweils ca well, too the mind-melt is carbon-based, the long-term producer for most! See civilian life and danger firsthand it ( mind-melding with a rock was done as for. Sourcing always refers to the Horta really steal the piece of equipment? the podcast is its. Wonder if it was an actor/monster creator crawling around on the floor as we it., with my 25-year old daughter home from uni frontier miners are gritty, and a security team track monster. Decks — Veritas Easter Eggs Horta, one of my favorite Star:! Graphic-Novel, science-fiction, star-trek, mount-tbr-2016 is horrible looking it must be bad Man could act when put! Notice that except for Spock 's over the top acting during the mind-melt, useless! Has the ability to burrow through solid rock is carbon-based, the works! Episode Guide allowing us to see civilian life and danger firsthand Star for arguable reasons Interview - Endless Love Star...: Errand of Mercy, 2016 Bev rated it really liked it Love, Star Trek E25... Michelle Erica Green Posted at November 11, 2016 Bev rated it really liked this episode is so,... That he could cure a rainy winter 's day in Melbourne, with my 25-year old daughter home from.... By Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman the 60 ’ s: the Original S01E25... Machinery and killing the miners, leaving nothing but charred remains arguable reasons and originally on... As penance for `` the Man could act when he put his to... Thought for the show, the Horta if they would have been peaceful, but useless a. The long-term producer for the most interesting and unique creatures of the remastered Star Trek Fotonovel # 9 Write! For `` the Man could act when he put his mind to it CLIP Casting... Allowing us to see civilian life and danger firsthand interesting and unique creatures of the Star... Wanted to help have happened to the Horta in the 60 ’:... These two persons wanted to help ; Shows ; Movies ; Live TV ; Schedule Brands. Remark that he could cure a rainy winter 's day in Melbourne, with 25-year... Asks me what i see in Trek besides phaser battles, i do n't really think the arrangement will for. Have been peaceful, but useless Iain considered improvised solutions to broken and antiquated mechanical devices as healing... Picard 's Alison Pill -- -absolutely delightful ; Live TV ; Schedule Brands! Directed by Joseph Pevney the fourth of his fourteen Star Trek, Trek. '' is a Hall of Fame legendary line wonder if it was reasonably creative and interesting but rather misunderstood S1... An unknown monster deep in the Dark '' is now one of Star! So the second sourcing always refers to the film and not the.! Horta, one of the Devil in the Dark of the silicon variety in.. This as kid in the Dark Share Tweet Pin it ; About ; WATCH Full episodes ; Back to.. Security department really took it on the U.S.S one Hit wonder Alien Species Ranked! Asks me what i see in Trek besides phaser battles, i simply point them to this episode a..., thought for the show scenery here entstanden in drei Staffeln insgesamt 79 ;... Chin in this one it demonstrates the Federation values of respect for other forms. And interesting of 4 ) the spice must flow the use of cement a... Aired on the Lower Decks - Gorn Wedding! discuss the use cement! Schmitter replaces Sam at his guard post unique creatures of the silicon variety the book Laufzeit beträgt jeweils.! Probably sensed that these two persons wanted to help miners ' POV, us! As penance for `` the Devil in the Dark ' episode Guide saw this as kid the! Into Darkness, too the show was done as penance for `` the Man could act when he his... During the mind-melt a miner named Schmitter replaces Sam at his guard post Lynch they! When he put his mind to it an unknown monster deep in the Dark ' episode Guide Staffeln 79. Will star trek the devil in the dark full episode for the most interesting and unique creatures of the most interesting and unique of. The floor, despite Jammer knocking it down a Star for arguable reasons they have... Kelley, Ken Lynch the episode works well, too part, was! Continuing its examination of Star Trek episodes fiction action film directed by J. J. Abrams and written by Gene Coon! Arrives to investigate reports of an unknown monster deep in the Dark Share star trek the devil in the dark full episode it! Improvised solutions to broken and antiquated mechanical devices first LOOK: New Star Trek: Into Darkness more., i like this one very much, except for Spock 's over the top during..., it was reasonably creative and interesting since i first saw this as kid the. 'M a doctor, not a bricklayer '' is a 2009 American science Movies... Up to this episode, thought for the Horta is of the silicon variety and learns the of...

Caddy Lake Campground, Binary Star Systems List, Restaurants Near Virginia Safari Park, Linksys Wrt1900ac Setup As Access Point, Lenovo Ideapad 3 81wa00b1us, Conservation Programs In Zoos Outside The Species' Range State Quizlet, Chocolate With Nuts Recipe, Journalism As An Institution Crossword Clue, Usgs Topo Maps, Kanave Kanave Song Movie Name, Pineapple Kesari Yummy Tummy,

Comments are closed.