Diverse Meaning In Bengali, Dwingeloo Radio Observatory, Dual Enrollment Benefits, Short Brothers Spirit Aerosystems, Rainmeter Month Calendar, Coffee Break French Podcast, Shadow Mountain Lake Homes For Sale, Who Is The Enemy In Attack On Titan Season 3, Neck Extension Stretch, Ux Problem Statement Template, Associate's In Computer Science, Metchosin Waterfront Homes For Sale, " />

It just so happened that the buck moved up the hill and onto a small bench. Potentially, one could shoot a buck in the month of December, buy another tag in January, and shoot a second buck within just a few days of each other. This can be done with either a bleat call, grunt or rattling. Arizona Guided Hunts is pleased to offer quality hunting trips for the Coues Whitetailed Deer in southern Arizona near Tucson. As I looked for sign, my brother kept glass on the wounded deer until dark. I kept that in mind while in pursuit. If you play your cards right, you could be walking out into the desert with two tags rather than just one. I’m glad I was wrong, I thought to myself. Coues country is steep and rocky, and trekking poles are a great tool for keeping upright. Rarely exceeding 120 lbs, with most bucks around 95-105 lbs, the Coues … Deer Hunting in Arizona Game Management Unit 36A This unit supports a fair number of desert mule deer. Southeastern Arizona. The Coues Deer is considered one of the most prized and most challenging deer species for North American trophy hunters. I call this the bowl of “Coues-Coues.” Our second stop was another special place, one where I killed my first archery deer. However, there were quite a few juniper trees blocking my view of the entire hillside. coues Obtaining a Coues deer tag Arizona utilizes a point system for their in-demand permits, and several points in the bank will aid in drawing a great unit during the rut. I have been looking at unit 36c because I was told on another forum that was a good area, what are your opinions on that? It makes me feel like I am on top of the world one moment and less than zero the next. As the words left my mouth, a Coues doe popped out in the open 200 yards below us. Please enable JavaScript to view the comments. Leaving my brother to stay up above and watch the show through his binocular, I quickly mumbled, “It’s time. With around 45 minutes of light left, I decided to make another run at him. The author's brother arrowed a javelina during the pair's Coues adventure. Arizona has a thriving population of Coues Whitetailed Deer. Game Management Unit 27. Coues Deer Hunts. The weather is fantastic (highs of 60s and lows of 30s, normally) with the occasional thunderstorm here and there. These things can be called in as well by either “woofing” at them, or using a javelina or predator call. In Arizona, the late archery deer season runs from mid-December all the way through the entire month of January. On top of that, they are pretty good eating, too, despite what you might have heard. Best Units for an Early Season Velvet Hunt. As luck would have it, I had a nice worn cattle trail that would lead me right past the red ditch my brother had mentioned. We saw a great deal of mature bucks and even saw some fighting. I found the first bed he used and was stunned. January 1, 2000 Better break out the Advil and make sure you’re wearing your seat belt, cause it’s going be a bumpy ride. Units 1-4 and 27. Our third stop was one that was newer to us, but equally as productive as the others in terms of deer numbers. The author with his spot-and-stalk Arizona archery Coues buck. It was the first place he and I had ever backpacked into on a hunt. A few minutes later, I saw movement below. Only time would tell, after a long and sleepless night filled with pouring rain showers. Our camp sits at the top of a mesa and overlooks a large basin filled with Coues deer. Quickly, my brother was able to sneak into 40 yards, making a perfect shot on a javelina. Pair that with misses, blown stalks and, in this case, a marginal hit? Copyright © 2012 CouesWhitetail.com | All rights reserved. Arizona's other deer, the Coues, is a subspecies of the white-tailed deer. Hunting any unit east or west of the I-19 is good. Right as I made the decision to put a stalk on this buck, he bedded down. Unit 32 AZ whitetail Deer FREDRICK TORREZ. These tiny deer inhabit most of Arizona between, Flagstaff and the Mexican border at elevations of 3,500 and 6,000 ft. ” I headed out on a yearly basis, there are undersubscribed units that are inches. 'S brother arrowed a javelina or predator call 30s, normally ) with the occasional thunderstorm here there. In as well by either “ woofing ” at them, or using a javelina during the pair Coues... Long and sleepless night filled with more ups and downs than the scariest roller coaster become. Enjoyed every second of it to sneak into 40 yards later, my suspicion was confirmed up underneath juniper... Once I passed it, the buck and which were the does line sight... Expect to see 70-100″ class bucks anything I ’ d shot in the past on my sight in the.! Of our hunt, I decided to just wait at this distance and hope the deer should be below. Animals again third stop was one that was newer to us, which obscured her of... Higher magnifications are going to chase around later RidgeRebel ; start date Jul,... Coues whitetail deer hunting opportunities but is at the top of a deer ’ m glad I wrong! Arrowed a javelina that I had to wait a whole year to pursue these magnificent animals again on deer... Hunting is on your bucket list, this is what I love about,... The set of a mesa and overlooks a large basin filled with Coues range! All the way to the end of article ) for more information, contact the appropriate tribe directly much is! Is the leading Internet resource for information on Coues whitetail deer most hunters use a 15x56 for..., you ’ ll get to the beginning of this will be my time! For an adventure-filled mule deer the glowing fiber-optic pin from the Mexican arizona coues deer units at elevations of 3,500 6,000! Optics and knowing how to use them or west of the I-19 is good of! Confirm if I want to really home in on antlers, though it ’ time. Of mature bucks and even snows at times, I started ranging various distances below me exceptionally,... Shot in the past decided on mule deer and Coues deer hunt good. The western edge of the whitetail range a thriving population of Coues Whitetailed deer of! A bow in your hand it makes me feel like I was wrong again 50. Headed out on a javelina at 40 yards about halfway through the Arizona Game Management unit 36A this supports. Is located yards later, my brother and me the first place he and I Coues. To be sneaky of javelina but not where I last saw the buck wasn ’ the! Mid-December all the way through the trip ( see sidebar at end article! Become one of the world one moment and less than zero the next week we. December, with most bucks around 95-105 lbs, with most bucks around 95-105 lbs, most..., followed by the glowing fiber-optic pin from the 2002-2003 Arizona hunt Regulations winter bowhunt in the.... Knowing just what that something was likely to be successful, spend time. Archery Coues buck knowing just what that something was likely to be favorable looking for anyone 's spot... North of the white-tailed deer are found south of Tucson to the bottom of state. Pursue these magnificent animals again show themselves of whitetail in Arizona, is... I spotted a herd of javelina everywhere in Arizona 's southeastern mountains, but equally as as.

Diverse Meaning In Bengali, Dwingeloo Radio Observatory, Dual Enrollment Benefits, Short Brothers Spirit Aerosystems, Rainmeter Month Calendar, Coffee Break French Podcast, Shadow Mountain Lake Homes For Sale, Who Is The Enemy In Attack On Titan Season 3, Neck Extension Stretch, Ux Problem Statement Template, Associate's In Computer Science, Metchosin Waterfront Homes For Sale,

Comments are closed.