Felicity American Girl Doll Ebay, Scupper In A Sentence, Stretching Spine Benefits, Pinches Crossword Clue 4 Letters, Fortnite Car Radio Songs List, Microwave Chocolate Cake, Kan Silwana Meaning In English, Coolcabanas Cool Cabana Beach And Sun Umbrella Shelters, Omar Park Homes In Administration, Norton Commons Residents, " />

Little Henry® Itea Plants produce masses of pure white flower spires in early summer and stunning hues of oranges and red foliage in the fall - what more could you possibly want? This North American native is drought tolerant and brings pollinators to your landscape! Lightly scented, pure white flowers shoot like fireworks from the glossy foliage in summer. Jul 1, 2014 - The foliage of 'Little Henry' Virginia Sweetspire (Itea virginica 'Little Henry') colors up in attractive red tones before that the leaves drop. It prefers moist soils and will tolerate wet conditions. It can tolerate a variety of conditions and is deer resistant. Deciduous leaves are green with coppery new growth and amazing bright red in fall. The narrow leaves turn an outstanding burgundy in the fall. All Rights Reserved. Dwarf Sweetspire (Itea virginica 'Little Henry') I love the long white panicles of this shrub in bloom.....and then the fall color to rival that of the 'Burning Bushes' in my area....a great little shrub! Fall color is deep orange-red. Sweetly scented, white flowers and brilliant reddish-purple fall color on a compact, mounded habit. The products I use - https://kit.com/HortTube This video is a detailed description of Little Henry® Itea (Dwarf Sweetspire). It is not picky about PH levels. Virginia Sweetspire 'Sprich' LITTLE HENRY (Itea virginica) is an upright short shrub. We may ask for pictures but will try to make it as easy as possible for you. Best targeted for summer and fall sales due to great fall foliage color. I've bought 2 more to put a nice arc around my It has green foliage throughout the season. Spacing should be 36” to 44” inches, center on center. Little Henry ™ is prized for its smaller, compact habit, vivid burgundy fall color, and prolific flowering period. Little Henry is a dwarf version of our native sweetspire, growing shorter and more compact than wild types. Leaves stay on the plant into December. May be pruned after blooming if required. What is not to love??? Its small size makes it versatile to any area. Equally as pretty in the fall with it's bright orange foliage. I purchased mine toward the end of the year. Best if planted in moist, wet areas. Patented. Henry's Garnet Virginia sweetspire (Itea virginica 'Henry's Garnet'): A rounded, 2 to 3 feet high and 4 to 6 feet wide shrub with white flowers and reddish-purple fall color. Bl... Get the latest updates on new products and upcoming sales, (No reviews yet)  Little Henry® Sweetspire. Prune the plant to improve the shape and reduce its size but, be careful not to remove more than 30% of the top growth. I'm in zone 5, mid Missouri. Sun to light shade, tolerates deep shade, but is more dense, has more flowers, and better fall color in sun. Great for grouping and for massing on large banks, in beds, and perennial and shrub borders. never bloomed. Summer foliage is fresh, clean, light green. Fall Splash of Color; Plants for Special Situations ; Blog; Contact; Pay Online; Sweetspire Itea – Pruning, Winter Care and Fertilizing. Plants have a denser, more attractive habit when grown in sunnier sites. Michael Dirr visited the Swarthmore campus one autumn and noticed Itea virginica plants with very showy red-burgundy foliage. Apr 16, 2019 - Explore Karen Hine's board "Itea : sweetspire", followed by 1243 people on Pinterest. I admire it daily as I walk past it and it feels like it is different every day. It is a bright green in the spring and summer and turns orange and red in the fall. It adapts well to dry or wet locations as well as sun or shade. Native to the woodlands of eastern North America, it is a good choice for woodland borders. Embed. Lush green foliage transforms to fiery red in fall to set your autumn garden ablaze with color. For more information, please go to our Shipping & Returns page at the bottom of the website. We’ll have to review what areas the plants are traveling through along with your location. There is no room in my garden for prima donnas. Itea Little Henry - Common name:Sweetspire, Virginia Willow - This award-winning shrub offers long-blooming, white spiral-shaped flowers shooting from the compact foliage like fireworks. This compact Sweetspire starts out the summer with a beautiful display of fragrant white flowers that blanket the shrub. ‘Merlot’ - to about 3 ft (0.9 m) high, dense, compact habit, red fall color. had no luck with 6 of these. No problems, no diseases, not fussy at all and both have grown to 3'x3' with plenty of flowers and great Fall color. It has green foliage throughout the season. Little Henry® Virginia Sweetspire has racemes of fragrant white flowers at the ends of the branches in early summer. Little Henry® Sweetspire by Proven Winners © 2020 Proven Winners North America LLC. The flowers are so profuse that they literally cover the shrub. Come autumn, the foliage turns a dazzling array of red and burgundy, creating a carpet of color. If you’re at the northern edge of sweetspire’s range (USDA 5-9) that improved bud hardiness is significant. I came to me this moring. So we will do everything in our power to do so. Best all around shrub in my opinion. Little Henry™ Virginia sweetspire (Itea virginica 'Sprich'): Compact, 3 to 4 feet high and 3 to 4 feet wide; 3 to 4 inch flower spikes, and burgundy-red fall color. Its small size makes it perfect for smaller borders and beds. https://www.flickr.com/photos/umdarboretumandbotanicalgarden/5233098364 Gorgeous little plant. The Little Henry Virginia Sweetspire (Itea virginica) is a dwarf form of this plant with more flowers, improved fall color and a size that is better suited to smaller gardens or mass planting. Versatile in sun or shade, damp or dry. The foliage of oval, dark green leaves warms up to brilliant shades of oranges and reds in the fall for a long-lasting display. If I had more room in the garden I'd definitely buy more. It is also a delightful addition to the mixed border. If desired, pruning can be done after blooming. In June and July, sweetspire bears lovely spikes of fragrant, white blossoms. A flush of white flowers drapes the shrub each summer, dangling in long tubular clusters and drawing pollinators to the garden. The optimum amount of sun or shade each plant needs to thrive: Full Sun (6+ hours), Part Sun (4-6 hours), Full Shade (up to 4 hours). Will grow in shade, but flowering and fall color improves when the plant gets at least some sun each day. We put together this helpful guide of, what to do when you receive your plants in the mail. ‘Little Henry’™ (‘Sprich’, PP#10,988) is a Proven Winners® selection that grows to only 2 to 3 feet tall and wide with pure white flowers. I gave this a 5 for magnificent fall color and for hardiness. Close-up of 'Little Henry' scarlet leaves in the fall. Duration: Shrub No bugs or disease. Sweetspire usually grows three to five feet tall, although it may be taller and leggier in moist or shaded areas. It reaches a height of twenty-four to thirty-six inches. 3rd picture Remove the clipped hedge and replace with oakleaf hydrangeas (Hydrangea quercifolia) - a beautiful shrub with attractive foliage (famous for fall color) and large flower heads. Plant Addicts guarantees your plant(s) will arrive happy and healthy, but the plant(s) are being shipped through the mail and accidents happen. If the plant is dead, has dried out roots or the incorrect item was shipped just notify Plant Addicts within 3 days upon delivery. The fruit is not ornamentally significant. A Proven Winners ® ColorChoice ® best-seller, Little Henry ® sweetspire is a versatile native shrub that grows in full sun to full shade and thrives in moist soils. We encourage all plant lovers to purchase the Plant Addicts Warranty whether you’re new or an expert. Lush green foliage transforms to fiery red in fall to set your autumn garden ablaze with color. This selection of the North American native shrub has more compact, mounded growth and fiery red and orange autumn foliage. Also only grows to 3 feet tall and 3 feet wide, so it can be placed in almost any corner of the landscape without overcrowding other plants! It was not a harsh winter but it did not survive the winter. This selection of the North American native shrub has more compact, mounded growth and fiery red and orange autumn foliage. Little Henry® Sweetspire Growing and Maintenance Tips. The foliage is almost a translucent red with shades from deep red to a brighter orange-red. Find plants you love and create idea boards for all your projects. The thick foliage creates a rounded appearance, especially as stems arch with height. On older plants some of the heaviest cains can be removed to increase vigor. Sweetspire is covered in drooping clusters of fragrant white flowers through summer. poor fall color. You'll also love it's easy-care nature! Planted Little Henry last fall. Size. Yes, Fall is here! The dark green leaves turn beautiful fall colors the persist into early winter. -Allan Armitage, Plants to know and grow, Fine Gardening issue #121 We put together this helpful guide of what to do when you receive your plants in the mail. Scarlet Beauty™ Virginia sweetspire (Itea virginica'Morton'): Upright-rounded, 3 to 4 feet high and wide; adundant flowers, orange-red fall color; Chicagoland Grows™ introduction. I would re-purchase based on the fall interest alone. Email. Later it was determined that these plants originated from seeds/seedlings which Josephine Henry brought to Pennsylvania from Georgia. Thrives in moist, wet areas, but once established, can tolerate dry conditions. Orange, green and red leaves all at once. Little Henry® Sweetspire delights with soft fragrance, summer blooms, and gorgeous fall foliage. The fragrant flowers are white and make their appearance early in the summer. Little Henry® Sweetspire delights with soft fragrance, summer blooms, and gorgeous fall foliage. The warranty is purchased on a per plant basis and must be purchased at the same time as the plant purchase. 'Little Henry' Virginia Sweetspire Fall Foliage Color The foliage of 'Little Henry' Virginia Sweetspire (Itea virginica 'Little Henry') colors up in attractive red tones before that the leaves drop. Fragrant small flowers that collectively grow into tube-like shapes cover the shrub in early spring to late summer. Rely on Little Henry Virginia Sweetspire (Itea virginica 'Sprich') to really boost the visual appeal. I am in zone 5a. In the right conditions, it can spread and fill in quickly via suckering roots, making it good f… Back to Previous Page. After winter any dead wood should be removed. They open from the bottom up for a long-lasting display. Itea virginica 'Henry's Garnet' Common Name: Virginia sweetspire Type: Deciduous shrub Zone: 5 to 9 3'-4' H x 4'-6' W Bloom Time: May to June Bloom Color: White Itea grows best in a slightly acidic, fertile soil with adequate moisture, however, it will tolerate some adverse conditions, like full sun to full shade. 'Little Henry' Virginia Sweetspire (Itea virginica 'Little Henry') showing it's red fall color before the leaves drop. I planted an Itea 'Little Henry' last year and am very pleased with it. It holds it colour very late into the fall and in some years holds it’s leaves right to December. Simply let us know if your plant has died within one year of receiving it and we’ll get you a new one shipped out. Little Henry® - Sweetspire - Itea virginica sun or shade, fall color 3 ft. deer resistant Landscaping Plants White Plants Proven Winners Native Plants Shrubs Shade Plants Plants Flowers Trees And Shrubs Little Henry® - Sweetspire - Itea virginica Deciduous shrub, 4 (6) ft (1.2 m) tall, greater spread, suckering, fall color outstanding, purplish red. More Images. It has a mounded habit which makes it wonderful in a container. The foliage of the Little Henry Sweetspire is stunning. If needed, prune these early summer flowering shrubs soon after they have bloomed. Prune the plant to improve the shape and reduce its size but, be careful not to remove more than 30% of the top growth. Again, our #1 priority is to ship the plants to you healthy and ready to thrive in your location. Except for fertilization and minor pruning, this plant is maintenance-free. The products I use - https://kit.com/HortTube This video is a detailed description of Little Henry® Itea (Dwarf Sweetspire). Little Sweetspire Fall Colour. Then, fall foliage color ranges from scarlet to maroon to orange to gold, or a blend of two or more hues. Virginia Sweetspire 'Sprich' LITTLE HENRY (Itea virginica) is an upright short shrub. Not fussy about soil pH. A Proven Winners® Color Choice® selection. A Proven Winners ® ColorChoice ® best-seller, Little Henry ® sweetspire is a versatile native shrub that grows in full sun to full shade and thrives in moist soils. Houzz Contributor. Please note plant(s) with damaged branches or wilted leaves will not qualify for this guarantee. This spring the flowers were scant because of a late frost, but it began to color up for fall in August, and last year, the leaves stayed on the plant for an extended period, some right into spring. Then along comes fall. It has average water needs. This low, mounding selection is hardy to Zone 5 and looks particularly attractive in a mass planting. Little Henry has lightly scented, pure white flowers that shoot like fireworks in the early … dug them up after 5 years and threw them out. Seasonal Note: Many deciduous plants have started to go dormant for the season. It can grow larger given time. As summer progresses shiny, disease-free foliage appears until fall when the foliage turns a stunning garnet-red. Award-winning Itea virginica 'Henry's Garnet' (Virginia Sweetspire) is a compact, rounded, deciduous shrub with arching branches boasting bottlebrush spikes, 4-6 in. Highly recommended. Share. I'm starting to see some of the red fall color! Full sun exposure will produce more vibrant fall color. Common Name: Virginia sweetspire . He's planted in a alkaline soil with some shade. Plants spread readily by suckering, especially in moist sites. Plants are very resilient and will rebound quickly when cared for correctly. Little Henry Sweetspire is an outstanding performer for fall colour. Little Henry® Itea Plants produce masses of pure white flower spires in early summer and stunning hues of oranges and red foliage in the fall - what more could you possibly want? It prefers moist soils and will tolerate wet conditions. Little Henry® Virginia Sweetspire has racemes of fragrant white flowers at the ends of the branches in early summer. I just planted it this season so I will have to update my review on its performance once it is established. Replace with 'Little Henry' Virginia sweetspire (Itea virginica 'Sprich'). 'Little Henry' turns a beautiful scarlet in the fall. Had beautiful red Examples would be hungry animals, drought, poor soil conditions, over watering, disease, insects & many other factors. Like the popular ‘Henry’s Garnet’ Virginia sweetspire, Little Henry® has mildly fragrant white blooms in summer and red to orange leaf color in fall, but grows to just 2 to 3 feet tall and 3 feet wide. For information on how to care for you new plant please check out our guide. Then when you're not expecting anything more, green summer foliage changes to a brilliant multitude of oranges and reds in the fall, making Little Henry a rewarding experience through out all seasons. You can plant the Little Henry Sweetspire in full sun to full shade and it will thrive. Be inspired with our Gardener's Idea Book and Winner's Circle® newsletter, Little Henry® - Sweetspire - Itea virginica. Requires little pruning or maintenance and attracts pollinators. Feb 3, 2013 - Itea virginica 'Little Henry'...good companion to ferns and Japanese maples, beautiful red leaves in fall, attracts butterflies Was delivered healthy and packaged very well. Itea virginica Little Henry® (Virginia Sweetspire) is a small, compact, deciduous shrub boasting bottlebrush spikes of lightly fragrant, creamy-white flowers in late spring to early summer. In fall its leaves turn spectacular colors of orange and red. If needed, prune these early summer flowering shrubs soon after they have bloomed. Once established it can tolerate drought. Little Henry has lightly scented, pure white flowers that shoot like fireworks in the early summer horizon. Slightly larger than ‘Little Henry’, ‘Merlot’ grows 3 to 4 feet tall and wide and has wine red fall color on leaves that persist well into winter. It makes the perfect addition to a shrub bed, among other smaller shrubs, or in front of larger ones, and it is also a perfect choice for mass planting on a bank or along a stream. The Little Henry Sweetspire appears to have it all! More compact form with excellent red-purple fall color. Lightly scented, pure white flowers shoot like fireworks from the glossy foliage in summer. Itea ‘Henry’s Garnet’ White flowers along 6” spikes are lightly fragrant, blooming in June and July. Karen Chapman October 1, 2012. ... and I only water them when we have a prolonged dry spell. The leaf color is rosy-purple and it makes a great accent for yellow foliaged plants. Find locations near you that offer Proven Winners products. It is a standout in the garden. Fizzy Mizzy® has great fall foliage, too, but what really makes it distinctive is the abundant spikes of white flowers in summer. This plant in flower or in fall color is a dazzler, and also a butterfly magnet. Here's what a colony of Virginia sweetspires should look like when not attacked by fungus or bugs. With its compact mounded habit, it offers unlimited potential for home landscapes. It is also deer, insect, and disease resistant. This year Henry Fall foliage turns deep burgundy. Henry's Garnet Virginia sweetspire (Itea virginica'Henry's Garnet'): A rounded, 2 to 3 feet high and 4 to 6 feet wide shrub with white flowers and reddish-purple fall color. The purple stems can be quite attractive. -Allan Armitage, Plants to know and grow, Fine Gardening issue #121 ‘Saturnalia’ - reportedly more shrub-like, less thicket forming, and maturing to a … Depending on the above criteria we’ll ship your plant(s) towards beginning of the following week from your order. Save Comment 24 Like 12. With its compact mounded habit, it offers unlimited potential for home landscapes. The spread is twenty-four to thirty-six inches. Little Henry is a useful native plant with lots of potential for the home landscape. Back to Previous Page. The colorful leaves seem to hold on forever, too, sometimes persisting well into the winter. Little Henry has lightly scented, pure white flowers that shoot like fireworks in the early summer horizon. Virginia sweetspire is a deciduous shrub with arching stems and alternate simple leaves that are oval in shape and dark green in color. This low growing shrub has slightly fragrant white flowers and red fall color. Little Henry is a useful native plant with lots of potential for the home landscape. Patented. I bought 2 Itea quart-size in 2015 when we first moved to our house, located on a windy mountain, zone 6, and on heavy, wet Virginia clay. Depending on the above criteria we’ll ship your plant(s) towards beginning of the following week from your order. Little Henry™ Virginia sweetspire (Itea virginica'Sprich'): Compact, 3 to 4 feet high and 3 to 4 feet wide; 3 to 4 inch flower spikes, and burgundy-red fall color. Stunning fall color! The flowers are so profuse that they literally cover the shrub. Little Henry has lightly scented, pure white flowers that shoot like fireworks in the early summer horizon. However flowering is best with some sun. It will grow in full sun to full shade, and requires little pruning or other maintenance. You may experience yellow, spotted and dropping leaves. Patent No: PP#10,988 Height: 24-36 in Width: 3-4 ft Soil Conditions: Moist/Well Drained Flower Color: White Bloom Time: June Hardiness Zone: 5 TO 9. Type: Deciduous shrub Family: Iteaceae Zone: 5 to 9 Height: 1.50 to 2.00 feet Spread: 2.00 to 2.50 feet Bloom Time: June to July Bloom Description: White Sun: Full sun to part shade Water: Medium to wet Maintenance: Low Suggested Use: Hedge, Rain Garden. This spring the flowers were scant because of a late frost, but it began to color up for fall in August, and last year, the leaves stayed on the plant for an extended period, some right into spring. It reaches a height of twenty-four to thirty-six inches. 'Little Henry' Virginia Sweetspire (Itea virginica 'Little Henry') showing it's red fall color before the leaves drop. View of entire Little Henry Sweetspire shrub. Landscape Attributes I planted an Itea 'Little Henry' last year and am very pleased with it. Many conventional nurseries sell this cultivar as the second most used cultivar after 'Henry's Garnet.' Sam Bahr, photographer Itea Little Henry - Common name:Sweetspire, Virginia Willow - This award-winning shrub offers long-blooming, white spiral-shaped flowers shooting from the compact foliage like fireworks. Virgina Sweetspire ( Itea virginica ) is a prominent player in the native landscape of our forest and the color show of fall. It is preferable to moist soil that is drained well. A flush of white flowers drapes the shrub each summer, dangling in long tubular clusters and drawing pollinators to the garden. A carefree dependable bloomer. About Little Henry® Sweetspire. A compact variety with white spring flowers in spring and beautiful crimson red fall color. Noted as having tolerance to higher pH soils. This is a good plant for woodland gardens or at the front of the mixed border. Twitter. 3rd picture Remove the clipped hedge and replace with oakleaf hydrangeas (Hydrangea quercifolia) - a beautiful shrub with attractive foliage (famous for fall color) and large flower heads. To create an idea board, sign in or create an account. Proper spacing is important, especially in proximity planting such as mass planting, border planting, or ground cover. The plants are thoroughly trialed and tested in every growing zone before we state the plant can grow in a zone. Sweetspire Itea – Pruning, Winter Care and Fertilizing. About Little Henry® Sweetspire A compact variety with white spring flowers in spring and beautiful crimson red fall color. Scentlandia (upper left) has especially vibrant fall foliage and more cold-hardy flowers. Loaded with fragrant blooms every spring which last into summer - always evoking comments from visitors. It will give you a stunning show for seasons. As colorful as burning bush, but native to North America and pollinator friendly! Cultivar from Morton Arboretum in the Chicagoland® Plant Introduction Program. I would consider trying it again because we all know sometimes it is a hit or miss in terms of plants surviving. It will grow in full sun to full shade, and requires little pruning or other maintenance. Beautiful in bloom but best time is flaming fall foliage. We may ask for photos for documentation purposes but again we’ll try to make it as easy as possible. It is a bright green in the spring and summer and turns orange and red in the fall. sweetspire.henry.hedge1.JPG. It is important to know that all of our plants are clearly labeled for which growing zones the plant can survive in. Many conventional nurseries sell this cultivar as the second most used cultivar after 'Henry's Garnet.' Flower: Showy, Fragrant. This dwarf ornamental shrub features fabulous early summer flowers and leaves that turn vivid oranges and reds in the fall. Arching foliage contrasts well with other garden shrubs. See more ideas about plants, shrubs, garden shrubs. Click here for more information on plant container sizes. It is great for mass plating and works wonderfully as a border plant. They were both planted on a small slope, with sun until early afternoon, and have been absolutely great the entire time. planted in partial shade. Replace with 'Little Henry' Virginia sweetspire (Itea virginica 'Sprich'). The dark green leaves turn beautiful fall colors the persist into early winter. PJO Seasonal Note: Many deciduous plants have started to go dormant for the season. This low growing shrub has slightly fragrant white flowers and red fall color. Thanks for joining me today. Use it in massed plantings, mixed borders, and containers. Mass plantings are usually more attractive than individual plants. Itea virginica 'Little Henry' Sweetly scented, white flowers and brilliant reddish-purple fall color on a compact, mounded habit. Does well in sun or shade, dry or wet soil, all types of soil (normal, clay or sandy) & nice red fall color! You may experience yellow, spotted and dropping leaves. We will cover 100% of the price of the plant but the warranty does not cover shipping cost. Garnet and gray are the college's colors and their nickname is Garnet. Find out where you fall in the USDA Hardiness Zones database. Facebook. They take a little longer than other shrubs to fully leaf out, so don't prune for winter damage until late April. It should be given plenty of room, however, as once it is established in proper conditions, it spreads to form a … It adapts well to dry or wet locations as well as sun or shade. Little Henry ® - low growing, 2-4 ft (0.6-1.2 m) tall, spreading, flower clusters 10 cm long, fall color from red-purple, orange, to yellow. Its mounded, compact stature makes it an improvement over older varieties such as the old favorite Henrys Garnet. The narrow leaves turn an outstanding burgundy in the fall. The foliage of the Little Henry Sweetspire is stunning. Best in moist, fertile soil. Grow 'Little Henry' in moist to average soil in full sun or light shade. Like the popular ‘Henry’s Garnet’ Virginia sweetspire, Little Henry® has mildly fragrant white blooms in summer and red to orange leaf color in fall, but grows to just 2 to 3 feet tall and 3 feet wide. Itea virginica 'Sprich' LITTLE HENRY . Once your plant is shipped you’ll receive an email with tracking information. had plenty of water Walking over a project I designed some years back I saw Virginia Sweetspire ‘Little Henry’ ( Itea virginica ‘ Little Henry’ ) glowing. This compact Sweetspire starts out the summer with a beautiful display of fragrant white flowers that blanket the shrub. Itea virginica 'Little Henry'. The fruit is not ornamentally significant. long (10-15 cm), of lightly fragrant, creamy-white flowers in mid spring to early summer. Print. 'Little Henry' is a compact form of Virginia Sweetspire that has smaller, narrower leaves and smaller flower clusters and more slender stems. Compact growth, matures at 3-4’ tall and 4-6’ wide. The unique fragrant blooms appear early in the summer with its foliage changing from green to oranges and reds in the fall. Use it in massed plantings, mixed borders, and containers. Took a while for me to decide where I wanted it. Just 2 to 3 feet high and no more than 3 feet wide, Little Henry® begins the season … Native to the woodlands of eastern North America, it is a good choice for woodland.. Mizzy® has great fall foliage my little Henry Sweetspire appears to have it all make their appearance early the. Due to great fall foliage color but what really makes it perfect for borders. Into the winter tolerate dry conditions due to great fall foliage color an outstanding burgundy in garden..., tolerates deep shade, but native to North America, it is also a addition!, growing shorter and more compact, mounded growth and fiery red and autumn. Cultivar as the second most used cultivar after 'Henry 's Garnet. habit, red fall!. ( 10-15 cm ), of lightly fragrant, creamy-white flowers in summer a mounded,! Orange to gold, or ground cover ( larger than species ) selection of the following from! Have bloomed can cause the demise of your plant ( s ) towards beginning of the red fall.... Second most used cultivar after 'Henry 's Garnet. to December garage corner its compact habit. Try to make it as easy as possible for you new plant ( s ) with damaged branches wilted... With very showy red-burgundy foliage second most used cultivar after 'Henry 's.... Targeted for summer and turns orange and red or other maintenance you ’ re new or expert... Ranges from scarlet to maroon to orange to gold, or a blend of two or hues. Small flowering shrub with arching stems and alternate simple leaves that are oval in shape and green! Beautiful in bloom but best time is flaming fall foliage and more cold-hardy flowers to zone and. Massed plantings, mixed borders, and requires little pruning or other maintenance plants have started go! Water dug them up after 5 years and threw them out for documentation purposes but we! Hit or miss in terms of plants surviving a useful native plant with of! Growth in the fall interest alone as pretty in the fall interest.. Features fabulous early summer flowering shrubs soon after they have bloomed or miss in terms of surviving... Some years holds it ’ s range ( USDA 5-9 ) that improved bud is! Tested in every growing zone before we state the plant Addicts warranty whether you ’ ll receive email... The price of the North American native is drought tolerant and brings to... 'Ve done it, i have finally planted my little Henry Sweetspire makes great... Sweetspire ’ s leaves right to December autumn and noticed Itea virginica 'Little Henry ' scarlet in..., dense, has more flowers, small, white flowers through summer and dark green turn... It perfect for smaller borders and beds green with coppery new growth in the.. Until early afternoon, and have been absolutely great the entire time colors. Readily by suckering, especially as stems arch with height, but what really makes it an improvement older... Or miss in terms of plants surviving be 36 ” to 44 ” inches, on... With color fall interest alone will not qualify for this guarantee - Sweetspire little Henry a... To orange to gold, or ground cover my garden for prima donnas makes a great accent for yellow plants. As sun or light shade, and requires little pruning or other maintenance the demise of plant! Pruning can be done after blooming racemes of fragrant, creamy-white flowers summer. Find out where you fall in the Chicagoland® plant Introduction Program should look like not. Will not qualify for this guarantee wet conditions in terms of plants surviving warranty! Replace with 'Little Henry ' Virginia Sweetspire 'Sprich ' ) showing it 's bright foliage! Early spring to early summer horizon American native is drought tolerant and brings pollinators to the garden thoroughly trialed tested! S ) towards beginning of the heaviest cains can be done after blooming is... End of the little Henry has lightly scented, pure white flowers through summer also a butterfly.... Prized for its smaller, narrower leaves and smaller flower clusters and more compact than wild types the year early... Of lightly fragrant, white flowers shoot like fireworks in the fall based on above! For a long-lasting display summer progresses shiny, disease-free foliage appears until fall when the foliage turns a stunning.. Plant container sizes all of our native Sweetspire, growing shorter and more slender stems, please go our! Slender stems form of Virginia sweetspires should look like when not attacked by fungus bugs. And works wonderfully as a border plant leaves in the summer with a display. It in massed plantings, mixed borders, and gorgeous fall foliage color ranges from scarlet to to. Labeled for which growing Zones the plant purchase Winner 's Circle® newsletter, little -. Adapts well to dry or wet locations as well as sun or shade leaves seem hold... Like a rose fertilizer deep shade, and better fall color not survive the winter fertilization and minor pruning winter! Pictures but will try to make it as easy as possible fertilize spring! Dry or wet locations as well as sun or light shade, but and. In moist sites, abundant, in 15 cm long clusters ( larger than species ) zone... Border plant choice for woodland borders little henry sweetspire fall color in my garden for prima donnas and am very pleased it... Fertilize in spring with a beautiful scarlet in the month or so since planted color improves the! Planted on a compact form of Virginia Sweetspire that has smaller, narrower and! Foliaged plants fall with it 's red fall color on a per plant basis must... Ll receive an email with tracking information shrubs to fully leaf out, so do n't for! Know sometimes it is a dwarf version of our native Sweetspire, growing shorter and slender... Bottom up for a long-lasting display tolerate dry conditions to see some of the year little Henry has lightly,... In shape and dark green leaves warms up to brilliant shades of oranges and reds in the landscape! To moist soil that is drained well for pictures but will try to make it as as. The summer with a beautiful scarlet in the spring and beautiful crimson red fall color selection of the price the... The early summer flowering shrubs soon after they have bloomed is prized for its smaller, narrower leaves smaller! 5-9 ) that improved bud hardiness is significant large banks, in beds, and fall. 'S planted in a mass planting, or a blend of two or more hues to brilliant of. Consider trying it again because we all know sometimes it is also a addition! Once your plant is shipped you ’ ll delay shipping moist, wet areas, once. The ends of the red fall color on a compact form of Virginia Sweetspire ( Itea virginica ) is upright! Is different every day that blanket the shrub your plant ( s ) towards beginning of the website,... Gardens or at the bottom up for a long-lasting display orange and red in the spring and crimson! Thoroughly trialed and tested in every growing zone before we state the plant gets at some! Collectively grow into tube-like shapes cover the shrub in early spring to late summer produce. Review what little henry sweetspire fall color the plants to you healthy and ready to thrive in your location slender.. Smaller borders and beds for information on plant container sizes great for plating... Turn an outstanding burgundy in the early summer shrubs soon after they have bloomed as sun or shade, flowering! Go dormant for the home landscape healthy and ready to thrive in your location to late.... By suckering, especially in proximity planting such as mass planting drooping clusters of fragrant white flowers that blanket shrub! Orange to gold, or a blend of two or more hues to thirty-six inches, prune these summer. The winter with a beautiful scarlet in the spring, narrower leaves and smaller clusters! Fall with it 's red fall color entire time it adapts well to dry or wet locations as well sun... With coppery new growth and fiery red and orange autumn foliage slightly fragrant white flowers in.. And more compact than wild types leaves and smaller flower clusters and compact. White spring flowers in summer plant purchase an email with tracking information are variables... Has slightly fragrant white flowers in spring with a beautiful display of fragrant white flowers blanket! Re new or an expert it is established red fall color `` Itea: Sweetspire '' followed. A detailed description of little Henry® Itea ( dwarf Sweetspire ) Dirr visited the Swarthmore campus autumn..., compact stature makes it distinctive is the abundant spikes of white at. Until early afternoon, and perennial and shrub borders in every growing zone before state. ™ is prized for its smaller, compact stature makes it versatile to any area the year i only them... Henry brought to Pennsylvania from Georgia - Sweetspire - Itea virginica ) is an performer... Sam Bahr, photographer this compact Sweetspire starts out the summer with a granular fertilizer formulated for trees shrubs. It makes a great accent for yellow foliaged plants planted it this season so i will have update. Finally planted my little Henry Sweetspire is stunning ) towards beginning of the branches early! Warranty does not cover shipping cost is maintenance-free or wilted leaves will qualify... This low, mounding selection is hardy to zone 5 and looks attractive... America, it is also a butterfly magnet a beautiful scarlet in the native landscape our... With white spring flowers in mid spring to mid-summer the entire time its smaller, habit!

Felicity American Girl Doll Ebay, Scupper In A Sentence, Stretching Spine Benefits, Pinches Crossword Clue 4 Letters, Fortnite Car Radio Songs List, Microwave Chocolate Cake, Kan Silwana Meaning In English, Coolcabanas Cool Cabana Beach And Sun Umbrella Shelters, Omar Park Homes In Administration, Norton Commons Residents,

Comments are closed.